Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Layer of FX and difference between GM and Player

Hey,  i noticed, that an fx has a different layer for the gm as for the players.  Does anyone know why and how to change it? Two Gif's as example: GM Player THX
Tokens controlled by the player will always be on top of objects that are not controlled by them. It's one of the reasons we have been asking for another layer for years.
Crap. So I have to choose if I let the players turn on torches by themselves or having looking good torches.... Thanks for the quick answer
You could put the torch graphic on the map layer, then use a clear png as the light source on the objects and token layer. There are ways to do it, it's just not as easy as it could be.
Good idea. Thank you.