Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

2017-08-15 game notes (pre and post) [Prep]

Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Setting expectations: Margie's out of town for work, so can't make the session. I have accommodated this in the opening of the game, so we're good there (it's hard to get hold of the girl with no cell phone plan). Katherine/Harry may be a few minutes late. This is entirely in-character for the team speedster.
"I try to summon Ghost Girl with my Magic Eight Ball." "'Reply hazy, try again later.' Also, there is now ectoplasmic goo dripping down your bedroom walls."
BTW Doyce, I don't know how much you still want to try alternative video chat solutions, but I just got video chat enabled for my Discord account this morning.  I believe they're still doing a slow rollout (they only enabled video for 5% of accounts Friday) but you only need one person with video enabled to start the video session. 
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike, do you think we could try it out a bit this evening?
Sure thing.  I'll also try to see how this looks with six or seven video streams going simultaneously if I can.  I'll shoot you an email when I get home from work.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: "I try to summon Ghost Girl with my Magic Eight Ball." "'Reply hazy, try again later.' Also, there is now ectoplasmic goo dripping down your bedroom walls." This actually gave me inspiration for another strength of the Mirror Mirror move: if someone says your name in front of your chosen medium, you'll be aware of it. No more powerful by itself than just having a cell phone, but it can still be awesome.

Edited 1502738204
Bill G. said: This actually gave me inspiration for another strength of the Mirror Mirror move: if someone says your name in front of your chosen medium, you'll be aware of it. No more powerful by itself than just having a cell phone, but it can still be awesome. And if they say your name three times ... then it's Show Time! (No, that sounds like a cool addition to the move.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
In action here:&nbsp;<a href="https://tapas.io/episode/261394" rel="nofollow">https://tapas.io/episode/261394</a>
Bill G. said: *** Dave H. said: "I try to summon Ghost Girl with my Magic Eight Ball." "'Reply hazy, try again later.' Also, there is now ectoplasmic goo dripping down your bedroom walls." This actually gave me inspiration for another strength of the Mirror Mirror move: if someone says your name in front of your chosen medium, you'll be aware of it. No more powerful by itself than just having a cell phone, but it can still be awesome. Dammit Bill, now I have to watch Beetlejuice... &nbsp;Thanks. :p

Edited 1502861025
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Things that happened since&nbsp; our team formed : Hannibal Lectric attacked the derby While that was going on, another villain was executing an actual caper This villain spotted Link with some other Halcyon High kids and knows that one such kid is one of the heroes Alycia Chin is back in town. Rumor ties her to Hannibal Lectric Someone stole the EMPulser devised by Dr. Quill Low-level EM pulses were detected near Freescott Prison where Hannibal is held We hung out at Quill's pad briefly, then went for a morning talk show with Tasha Star, interviewer. During that time, the villain Iconoclast - dedicated to tearing down the established superhero order - used a sonic attack to blow out the glass in the studio. Mercury anticipated the attack, and he and Concord immediately moved to defend the citizens from further assault. Meanwhile, Link and Jason Quill went on the attack. Link body-checked Iconoclast, and Jason removed her protective headphones. Despite this, the villain launched into another sonic attack, regardless of the danger to herself, which would hurt the civilians in the area. Mercury ran out and set up a cyclone via super-speed, to disrupt the sonic waves. Despite that, he took the brunt of the attack himself.