Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Masks Issue 3: Link [Cutscene]

Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Soundtrack:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk</a> As soon as he started talking, he knew it was going to go wrong. Like being on a train as it derails in slow motion, but you're the engineer and you pulled the lever to get it going. Jesus, dude, shut up !&nbsp;Pneuma's looking at you. She's embarrassed - I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry - but she's got that quirky look on her face. Where did that come from anyway? I don't do that. She's growing. She's always growing, faster than me. While the others gather around Harry, Pneuma walks over and lightly touches his arm. He can see the complex synthesis of emotion on her face, read instantly that she's following his thoughts, and know without hearing the words what she wants to say. You're overthinking it. It's okay. Relax. He looks at Harry, and hears his father's voice in his head, leavened with Agent Waters' comments about supervillains in the past. That was stupid. You left the team behind. You took an unknown opponent to an unknown location. It's easy to criticize after the fact. But what would he have done differently? Leo thinks. Use super-speed to disassemble Iconoclast's equipment? Or maybe it would be too demanding in the face of the sonic waves. Harry had already taken a beating stopping that earlier attack against the crowd. Harry is who I need to pay attention to right now. Harry will help me figure myself out. Troll disappeared - derezzed, like a character from Tron. He got away too. I was sure I had that asshole. Are the others judging me, the way I'm armchair coaching Harry? Probably. So... think! All he's got, really, is his grappling lines. Versatile and useful, to be sure. With Otto, he's got strength. With Pneuma, he's got speed. Well, not now. His face flushes with fresh embarrassment. Back to the point. His friends have always been his greatest strength. His robots have gotten him through so much pain and hurt. But there's always room for more. It's time to expand his network. He fishes his phone out of his pocket. Power Pony, huh? Well... No, the safe house is the wrong place to get on the Internet. Plus, how does Troll's wifi power work anyway? Can he create a body for himself anywhere? He'll create a Twitter account later. He's got lots of questions.
+1

Edited 1504116390
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Love it. :) Also, it looks like Link might get to this move soon: You'll Go Blind Googling Yourself When you scroll up and down your hashtag for hours or after making a scene, roll+Superior. On a hit, the wholesome memes are me gusta : hold 1 Fan, and spend it at any time for sudden, reasonable civilian assistance. On a 10+, both of these are true; on a 7-9, choose one: &nbsp; I never read the comments. Don't immediately give Influence to "The Internet." "DM me for info." You're informed of a lead or opportunity relevant to your heroic identity. On a miss, you start typing. Why are you typing. Don't do that. Don't post that. Why did you post that? Immediately give Influence to "The Internet," and the GM holds 1 Hatefollow that can be spent at any time to unexpectedly complicate a civilian interaction.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
I want to just pause for a moment of silence for poor Link, who thinks he's going to solve any problems by creating a Twitter account.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
OMG I JUST PLAYED THE SOUNDTRACK IT MAKES IT SO MUCH BETTER/WORSE.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Breaking out the move-discussion to another thread.
Thanks. This is an excellent thread/post in and of itself. :-)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Doyce T. said: I want to just pause for a moment of silence for poor Link, who thinks he's going to solve any problems by creating a Twitter account. But it's the platform of democratization, free speech, and the optimism of the future!

Edited 1526453291
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
#LeoMeetsTheInternet

Edited 1526453307
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
#LeoMeetsTheInternet

Edited 1526453321
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
#LeoMeetsTheInternet
Oh, there is no question that slash fiction about Jason Quill is a thing. What we won't talk about is whether Jason actually reads &nbsp;the slash fiction about himself.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: What we won't talk about is whether Jason actually reads &nbsp;the slash fiction about himself. What'll really bake your noodle later on is the shipping nicknamed "Aquilles".

Edited 1526453334
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
#LeoMeetsTheInternet

Edited 1526453345
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
#LeoMeetsTheInternet

Edited 1526453355
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
#LeoMeetsTheInternet
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
&nbsp;This Thread is 6 of my top 20 favorite things.
Bill G. said: What'll really bake your noodle later on is the shipping nicknamed "Aquilles". Okay, it's already baking my noodle.
Also, I love that Jason is not &nbsp;the mad scientist in this group. The cartoons are delightful. I will always think of Pneuma in a sailor suit school uniform now. ("Dammit, because she said &nbsp;she wanted to wear a sailor suit school uniform! It wasn't my idea!" "Dude, I was not judging.")