Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [D&D 5E] Tomb of Annihilation - Saturdays starting this week Sept 16 @ 8:30 PM CST/CDT

Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
LFG Listing - Apply Here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/89031/tomb-of-annihilation" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/89031/tomb-of-annihilation</a> Welcome to the Jungle, Adventurers! Tomb of Annihilation is a Dungeons & Dragons adventure that takes place on the peninsula of Chult in the Forgotten Realms. Chult is a tropical wilderness composed mostly of jungles, plateaus, impassable mountains, and belching volcanoes. Something evil is trapping the souls of the dead and draining life from all who have been raised from death by magic. This worldwide “death curse” not only prevents the raising of the dead but also causes creatures that were previously raised from the dead to wither and die. Your group will be sent to Chult to discover what exactly is going on (hint: it has something to do with the Tomb of Annihilation). Game Information Schedule: Weekly, Saturdays at ~8:00 PM CST/CDT Game Length: ~4 hours per session. Campaign Setting: Chult and the Forgotten Realms - Standard 5e Setting Starting Level: 1 Group Size: 4&nbsp; This is not a PVP game. Actions against other player characters that create inter-party conflict (basically, any action that removes player agency) are not allowed. Roleplay is strongly encouraged, including character voices, developing character backgrounds, etc. This is a continuation of a campaign that has include Lost Mine of Phandelver, Tyranny of Dragons, and Rise of Tiamat. Knowledge of those campaigns is not required, but references may be made to the events or character in them. Communication Methods: Voice and video are mandatory - video through Roll20, voice through Zencastr (website, link provided on game nights). Discord for group out of game communication Important Note: We are looking for one more player to join an already established group that has been playing together for nearly two years. We are looking for a player that can fit in at the table, breathe some new life into interactions, and help keep everyone safe in the jungles of Chult. As such, this will be a group decision on who we choose. Important Note: &nbsp;This game is recorded and will likely be turned into a podcast. Only players who are comfortable with being part of this should apply. Character Creation Details We are using D&D 5e rules. Character Creation: You can use the Player Handbook, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, and Volo's Guide to Monsters for character creation. I will consider other sources (such as Unearthed Arcana or other adventures) on a case-by-case basis. No evil characters - in my experience this generally leads to trouble within the group, unless everyone is on board and has discussed from the beginning. I encourage cooperation and a shared sense of adventure in my games. All characters start at level 1. Stat allocation of 15,14,13,12,10,8 as noted in the PHB. Backgrounds: This adventure contains two new character backgrounds: Anthropologist and Archaeologist. Character hooks: There is a large collection of character hooks provided with this adventure to connect your character to the story, based on any of the chosen backgrounds in the allowed materials. Death I feel the need to note - this is a much more deadly setting than a lot of the other 5e adventures. By the very nature of the death curse, there is no character resurrection. There will be traps, random encounters, and a wild and deadly continent to explore. I don't go into games wanting to kill players because I like to see story lines and character arcs grow, but death seems more likely in this adventure than in others. Consider this fair warning, and also an opportunity to discuss with me how you might like to handle character death in this game. Player Expectations: D&D works best when players share mutual respect and trust with each other. Being comfortable at the table is earned by knowing you can trust the players around you. To facilitate that, here are a few expectations I have from my players. I realize this campaign is designed for both new and experienced players, and will work to make sure everyone at the table has a good time, regardless of skill level. I will be on time to games, every week. My weekly participation is vital to the group's progression, safety, and overall enjoyment of the game. I realize that life happens, and am able to communicate on a timely basis anything that may come up to cause me to miss a session (but, seriously, I'm not going to miss any sessions). I will also be gracious to others in the group if they need to miss a session. I will stay engaged while we are playing. I will not be rude or disruptive. I will assume that my character has a reason for adventuring with the others, and will act in general cooperation with them. I have a mic with good sound quality, a good web cam for video, and a stable internet connection. I will download Discord for out-of-game discussion and communication. I will perform character sheet maintenance (such as leveling, etc.) outside of campaign hours. DM Expectations I will be on time to games, every session. I will communicate clearly and in a timely manner any schedule abnormalities or other issues. I respect all players equally. I will be prepared for each session. I will be fair in my rulings. I will work to give each character opportunities throughout every session and the longer-term campaign to shine. I will listen to player feedback and tailor the gaming experience to the group's desires. I will provide a high quality collaborative experience which entertains and challenges. About the DM My background is in film and television, and I bring storytelling front and center to D&D. I love helping my groups have epic adventures. My DM style tends to be collaborative and inclusive. I like to say "yes" to my players as a means to create exciting, memorable moments. I like to bring characters alive through voices (I'm always happy when I can pull out my Scottish dwarf voice), and I like to use music to set the tone for each scene. To me, the more I can do to emotionally involve my players, the more immersed in the world they will be, making the game better for everyone. Quotes from Players: I have played some form or another of D&D for 8 years now, and nearly two of those years I’ve known Loren. He is without a doubt the most creative and talented person I’ve had the pleasure of playing with. Not only are his games fun, but the decisions he makes for the characters in the game make sense (and usually lead to an interesting story I feel excited about uncovering). If you like action, suspense, and drama, Loren is your man. - Thomas B. I've played with Loren for over a year and a half. We've gone through a number of WOTC modules. Loren has done a great job of managing the stories but also adding things to it related to our character backgrounds. He comes up with voices and personalities for NPCs which are great; I believe he's been fair in any rulings on gameplay; he's always prepared. I would highly recommend Loren as a DM. - Brad How to Apply Please reply on our LFG listing with the following information:&nbsp; Desired Race Desired Class Alignment (no evil) Short backstory idea Experience with D&D Favorite play style (i.e., 50% Roleplay, 20% Exploring, 30% Combat - feel free to explain) Will you be able to attend weekly? Are you committed to being part of a long term group? How do you handle (or expect to handle) conflict at the table? Do you have a good internet connection? Do you have a good microphone? Do you have a good web cam? Any other questions or concerns? Important Note: We are looking for one more player to join an already established group that has been playing together for nearly two years. We are looking for a player that can fit in at the table, breathe some new life into interactions, and help keep everyone safe in the jungles of Chult. As such, this will be a group decision on who we choose. Important Note: This game is recorded and will likely be turned into a podcast. Only players who are comfortable with being part of this should apply.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This is coming up fast, and we'll be making decisions soon. Be sure to apply if you want to get into a game that is starting this weekend!
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Today is the last chance to apply for this game - we'll be making decisions on friday.