Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e OGL token initiative macro

hey guys i cant get my initiative token macro to work @{selected|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=@{selected|token_name}}} {{mod=}} {{r1=Initiative}} @{selected|rtype}+[[@{selected|initiative_bonus}]]&{tracker}[Initiative Bonus]]]}} I got it from a different forum and for some reason it worked for a bit but not on all the characters and now it wont work for anyone AHHH help 
Just use %{selected|initiative} and make sure the macro isn't called intitiative

Edited 1505461966
Solved: Never mind I got it, I was unaware that all I had to do was to not allow players to see the token name (directly on the token) to hide it in the tracker. As for only me seeing the roll, using a simple "/w gm" before it solves it. That also has the added benefit of the players not seeing how many tokens roll for initiative. (incase some roll on the gm layer or something.) Question: Can I hide the name of the token in the tracker with some kind of addition to the macro? And can I hide the name of the character sheet the token is referencing in the chat window? (I tried /gr before %{selected|initiative} but that gave me an error - i just don't quite know what your command actually does) any help would be much appreciated! I just don't want players to know that that wolf looking token is actually a brown northeastern striped long-tail dire wolf named flips but instead just that a wolf looking token has an initiative of 3.
Denis said: Question: Can I hide the name of the token in the tracker with some kind of addition to the macro? Players can only see names for tokens in the tracker that they can control (or have access to in their journal, I don't recall which exactly). Denis said: And can I hide the name of the character sheet the token is referencing in the chat window? (I tried /gr before %{selected|initiative} but that gave me an error - i just don't quite know what your command actually does) any help would be much appreciated! I just don't want players to know that that wolf looking token is actually a brown northeastern striped long-tail dire wolf named flips but instead just that a wolf looking token has an initiative of 3. The next version of the character sheet (coming out soon) has a way to remove the npc name from the rolls in chat. Until then you will have to manually modify each roll as a new ability on the character sheet.
Denis said: Question: Can I hide the name of the token in the tracker with some kind of addition to the macro? Tokens on the GM layer only show up on the tracker for the GM. So you could keep a token on the GM layer for the monster inititiative if you wish.