Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Doing interest check game Homebrew setting using Star Wars SAGA rules system

I'm looking to see how much interest is for the game below. I prefer games in 6pm EST Tuesday-Thursday or Saturday and Sunday. -------------------------------- With the development of the FTL drives, humanity have started to explore and settling the galaxy. In the year 2507, the 7th colony fleet was assembled for a 15-year voyage to the star system labeled as Solaria. During this 15-year voyage the colonist slept in their cryogenic pods as the various ships in the fleet used automated systems to make short FTL jumps towards a new solar system for colonization. The original plan for the colony fleet was to settle in a habitable world in the goldilocks zone. And the second goal was to set up a permanent FTL relay system so that instead of a 10-year travel time from Earth down to a short two months. Everything seems normal as your character and several colonists boarded one of the many ships headed to new solar system entered the “cryo pods” expecting to sleep for 15 years. However, upon waking up it was quickly apparent something was wrong as many cryo pods still lie dormant as the ship’s emergency lights were running, and the ship is adrift in the in between stars. Meanwhile, to the rest of the galaxy humanity is thought extinct for several thousands of years ago. To the current races who live and explore the galaxy, humanity seemed to be progenitor or elder race that left behind advance technology that they have started to reverse engineer, such as the FTL gates and yet know very little of humanity culture; in fact, some anthropologist of humanity believe that “Star Wars” was historical documentary. ------------------------------------
Looking for a to run it as a sandbox feel... Character creation Point Buy: 32 Level 4 Race Humans only (No one trained in UTF but force sensity ok).
I'd only be really interested to play as a jedi... well more likely going dark side since I do intend to at some point start using rage and such so without really using the force is not particularly what i'm looking for. I can easily accept that it's not star wars and things are not the same and the force doesn't works the same way (in fact I think the way they make the force in this is a bit dumb anyway) but the point of this system (at least for me) is to make a cool jedi like character.
Elhazzared said: I'd only be really interested to play as a jedi... well more likely going dark side since I do intend to at some point start using rage and such so without really using the force is not particularly what i'm looking for. I can easily accept that it's not star wars and things are not the same and the force doesn't works the same way (in fact I think the way they make the force in this is a bit dumb anyway) but the point of this system (at least for me) is to make a cool jedi like character. I kind of prefer good align campaign and story.  and I prefer at the start Jedi is not learned and Saga also kind of prevents you from going down the darkside because once you fall you loose your character rules set.
Hey magical girl :P, I be interested in playing this. I havn't played saga in for ever, I am thinking camando that is force sensitive.
Yes, it's one of the Saga faults and that is why I was asking really. You seem to want to do something different so I thought you might be going with something not entirely like the force, maybe something wherethere is no such thing as dark side or light side, there is only power that you can have and you use it as you will or maybe some other modification where using dark side powers isn't basically the same as losing the charater cause that's just really dumb from the devs of the game. Anyway, you do not really want a jedi like character so it's not really what I'm looking for. Thanks for your time.
Sounds like you want to do something similar to mass effect.  The saga system is pretty nice and I'd suggest just dumping the force entirely tbh.  I'm interested in that case, but it's almost a given I'd rather play a force user in a saga game that allows it.
Soft said: Sounds like you want to do something similar to mass effect.  The saga system is pretty nice and I'd suggest just dumping the force entirely tbh.  I'm interested in that case, but it's almost a given I'd rather play a force user in a saga game that allows it. Yes basically Humans in this setting could be the Protheans of Mass Effect (well in 1 and 2; as 3 no one seems bat an eye if you bring a Prothean anywhere).  Hmmm perhaps I may change my position on "force" users.
Elhazzared said: Yes, it's one of the Saga faults and that is why I was asking really. You seem to want to do something different so I thought you might be going with something not entirely like the force, maybe something wherethere is no such thing as dark side or light side, there is only power that you can have and you use it as you will or maybe some other modification where using dark side powers isn't basically the same as losing the charater cause that's just really dumb from the devs of the game. Anyway, you do not really want a jedi like character so it's not really what I'm looking for. Thanks for your time. I thought about and I think I'll allow "Jedi" to be reflavor as a psionic warrior similar to  x-com enemy unknown. Although I still prefer a good align campaign similar to SG1 feel.