Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Critical successes/fumbles from the total of a grouped roll?

fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Hello fellow roll20ers. We're running a small game system which uses 3d6 as a base roll. Though I've easily succeeded to use roll20 to play with this (even special rolls where only the 3rd dice is exploding), I'm getting stuck trying to display critical successes or fumbles for this game. Indeed, the success is critical when all the three dice get a 6, and failure is automatic when all the dice get a 1. Whatever I've been trying: - either roll20 only check per dice (and then display the total green if at least a d6 got a 6, red if at least a d6 got a 1, and blue if d6s got at least one 6 and one 1), - either the formula/command is incorrect. Regrouping dices within curly brackets (like if I was regrouping rolls for kh/kl/dh/dl functions)? Error. Using parenthesis? Not changing the behavior. Nesting the different kinds of brackets? Error or same behavior. I have to say, this is a luxury matter. We'll perfectly be able to run the game without this. Specially when you take into account that each roll only has a 1% to be a critical success or failure :p  But, it got me curious to see if I was missing something obvious. :p Has anyone succeeded to get this kind of roll?
Hi, fenrhir . You can use [[ 3d6cs>2cf<5 ]] to: Highlight the roll green when all dice are 6's Highlight the roll red when all dice are 1's Otherwise, highlight the roll blue
fenrhir
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Silvyre said: Hi, fenrhir . You can use [[ 3d6cs>2cf<5 ]] to: Highlight the roll green when all dice are 6's Highlight the roll red when all dice are 1's Otherwise, highlight the roll blue Haha, nice hack. Thank you very much Silvyre. So obvious now, I'm feeling a bit dumb!
You're very welcome! Happy rolling!