Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Masks 15.1 - A Trio of Messages [Cutscene] [tech]

TO: Leo &lt; <a href="mailto:abraham-link-on@singularity.hax" rel="nofollow">abraham-link-on@singularity.hax</a> &gt; FROM: Blackshirt &lt; <a href="mailto:feather@2manysecrets.marty" rel="nofollow">feather@2manysecrets.marty</a> &gt; SUBJECT: Pneumatic Oil has been clinically proven to alleviate stress, anxiety, chronic pain, arthritis, pneumania Leo -- you have a lot of email addies. I think this one will get through but not be one that a lot of people are monitoring. I hope so. This&nbsp; embedded link will take you to an encrypted video file on my server. Your password is the last name of that professor in that anime you told me I had to watch. (Sorry, didn't watch it, just IMDbed it.) Anyway -- if you're getting this, it's because I didn't stop the timer on email in seven days from when I'm writing this. That's either because I forgot about it (and I have reminders set), or because I'm dead or in prison or something equally not good. I didn't want to share this immediately because, well, I don't know what I want to do about it, except find out more. But in case having it means someone decided to stop me doing so (like, maybe, the guys who are shooting, or maybe the guys who came up with the story that we all think was true about what this is a picture of, or maybe someone else, because I am getting really paranoid thinking about it (frex, any of the visible particiapnts in the video, or maybe all of them), then I think it's important that someone knows. You're borderline paranoid, Leo, because they really are out to get you. I figure if anyone can puzzle this out -- and maybe do something about it (what?), it's you. I leave it up to you -- I trust your judgment, which sounds crazy, but you're a guy who's not afraid to act on what he believes is right, and that's just what I need. You might want to download the file, but I trust your security-fu, too. If this got to you, then Harry also got a copy. Don't let him play it too safe about it, okay? Unless you think it's the right safe thing to do, too. Someone else will get it in 7 more days. I don't think they'll do anything public with it, but they might reach out to you. Only person I can think of more paranoid than you. The password is "Balam". Thanks, Leo. Glad I met you. "Blackshirt" (because who knows what strings someone has Google searching for, or even QFind, though nobody uses that even here)

Edited 1512071073
Tweet DM to @RunHarryRun What do you think?&nbsp; <a href="https://pin.it/3x47jqjqjq~19072" rel="nofollow">https://pin.it/3x47jqjqjq~19072</a> File: homework-notes-calc2bc-2017-11-30.qdoc Harry -- Sorry, this isn't actually a Pinterest link to that Ghost Girl meme I promised to send you. If it's coming from any of the IP addresses I know you usually connect from, it's re-directing to a QDoc, which has an&nbsp; embedded link to an encrypted video file here on the server. YOur password is the last name of that "actress" from Pr0nTube you keep telling me about at lunch (and, please, stop). Anyway -- if you're getting this, it's because I didn't stop the timer on that tweet in seven days from when I'm writing this. That's either because I forgot about it (and I have reminders set), or because I'm dead or in prison or something equally not good. I didn't want to share this immediately because, well, I don't know what I want to do about it, except find out more. But in case having it means someone decided to stop me doing so (like, maybe, the guys who are shooting, or maybe the guys who came up with the story that we all think was true about what this is a picture of, or maybe someone else, because I am getting really paranoid thinking about it (frex, any of the visible particiapnts in the video, or maybe all of them), then I think it's important that someone knows. You have contacts, through your family, with some big guns, some of the big shot masks, the Halcyon Heroes, those types. Should they know about this, too? I have to leave it up to you. You might want to download the file, but stash it someplace secure and no-robots (maybe literally). Like the Mister Istar said, "Keep it secret, keep it safe." If this got to you, then Leo also got a copy. Don't let him do anything crazy about it, okay? Unless you think it's the right crazy to do, too. Someone else will get it in 7 more days. I don't think they'll do anything public with it. If they reach out to you, the password is "Balam". Thanks, Harry. Don't slow down. Jason
File: fanclub2017_newsletter.docx Hyena -- According to a file of my dad's, this encrypted Dropbox folder is yours for leaving messages. So I hope that was right. This embedded link connects to an encrypted video file. Your password is the Binomial Name of the person we talked with at the safe house (all caps, no spaces). Anyway -- if you're getting this, it's because I didn't stop the timer on this file transfer in 14 days from when I'm writing this. That's either because I forgot about it (and I have reminders set), or because I'm dead or in prison or something equally not good. I don't know what I want to do about what's in this video, except find out more. But in case having it means someone decided to stop me doing so (like, maybe, the guys who are shooting, or maybe the guys who came up with the story that we all think was true about what this is a picture of, or maybe someone else, because I am getting really paranoid thinking about it (frex, any of the visible particiapnts in the video, or maybe all of them), then I think it's important that someone else knows. You've got the contacts and the sneakiness to do something about it. And you've got contacts. And you've taken an interest in the team, which is kind of cool. I don't have any advice, but someone else should know besides whoever is in the video, or just the people (person?) I got it from. I don't know what should be done, but I know it shouldn't just be a secret. Seven days ago, Mercury and Link also got copies of this. Team first. But I wanted someone a bit more hidden, and a bit scarier, to also have it. They know someone else is getting it, if you want to approach them -- the password is "Balam". I don't think we've ever actually met, but thanks. Jason Quill <a href="mailto:jason@quillfoundation.org" rel="nofollow">jason@quillfoundation.org</a>
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I love a group that'll put this much work into messages that, if all goes even mostly well, would never be seen.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Indeed. :)
I love that we have a forum where they can &nbsp;be seen.&nbsp;

Edited 1512150860
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
My only gripe with the forum is that there aren't categories, but that's why I'm enjoying the other tools Bill's provided (like Trello and the lovely Wiki.
I get more irked about the lack of search . But the Wiki -- which I need to dive more into -- is helping take care of that. (I did consult a couple of things on the Wiki in writing these letters so ... yay, Bill!)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: I get more irked about the lack of search . But the Wiki -- which I need to dive more into -- is helping take care of that. (I did consult a couple of things on the Wiki in writing these letters so ... yay, Bill!) I wrote a thing that scrapes the Roll20 forums and emits a (URL, post title, reply content) tuple in JSON. The next steps would be to plug that into Elasticsearch and then expose that via a nice search front-end.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Doyce T. said: My only gripe with the forum is that there aren't categories, but that's why I'm enjoying the other tools Bill's provided (like Trello and the lovely Wiki. If you want categories, we can sort of simulate those in the&nbsp; new search system . For example, the typical forum convention is to tag a post's title thus: "[Recap] Masks Issue 16..." or "[IC] Jason talks to Harry about Link's awful fashion sense". If people are strict about a convention, searches can take advantage of this, by listing all tags found on the site. I think this won't work for us now, since I don't think we can go back and edit post titles. But a similar convention can be adopted and then used in the text body, if necessary. Hopefully the text search system will be enough, though.

Edited 1512110633
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks like my owner-powers let me rename post titles without changing the permalink just by clicking on the post title once I have the thread open, which is good. I'll add that to to-dos. For now, I'm just worrying about [Recap] and [Cutscene] (for fiction bits).
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
That's fair. For recaps at least, it's easy for me to find those via the wiki, since I'm at most 2 clicks away from any issue recap, and I make a point of linking related cut scenes (as long as I'm aware of them).

Edited 1512142776
I noticed (double-took) the post titles. That's awesome -- thanks. I will try to maintain the convention going forward. (And update the Wiki accordingly.)
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill, I think I know the answer to this, but before I change everything - does it matter WHERE the tags happen in the title?
Doyce T. said: Bill, I think I know the answer to this, but before I change everything - does it matter WHERE the tags happen in the title? In&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5814939/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5814939/</a> Bill says "somewhere in your post title," so putting them at the end would work. (I have an instinctive Sorting preference for in front, which I think is easier to visually scan on the forum page, but that's just me.)
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: Doyce T. said: Bill, I think I know the answer to this, but before I change everything - does it matter WHERE the tags happen in the title? In&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5814939/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5814939/</a> Bill says "somewhere in your post title," so putting them at the end would work. (I have an instinctive Sorting preference for in front, which I think is easier to visually scan on the forum page, but that's just me.) I tried it at the front, but after the doing the first batch, found it kind of intrusive and distracting on the forum page. Tags aren't the content , you know? So I didn't want them so far in the foreground.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Anywhere in the title is fine. Multiple tags are supported in a single post too.
Btw, I haven't forgotten about these time-delayed messages. I have lost track of how much time has passed since this incident. Jason hasn't decided to pull the plug on the delivery yet, but the paranoia has shifted targets a couple of times since then.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
It's been roughly 10 days since session 15 and the new clippings on 12/27 that I posted from the Halcyon Herald and London Times. <a href="https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/timeline3/latest/embed/index.html?source=1MNs6VIF3o-qvlahRZc97j-ITDz510Hj-A5An0gcmlkc&font=Default&lang=en&initial_zoom=2&height=650" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/timeline3/latest/embed/index.html?source=1MNs6VIF3o-qvlahRZc97j-ITDz510Hj-A5An0gcmlkc&font=Default&lang=en&initial_zoom=2&height=650</a>
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm going to plug these dates and such into the Timeline page on the wiki, and add some formatting foo so different people can maintain it.
Exxxxcellent.&nbsp;
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
If it helps, this is the spreadsheet thing I had to create to output that timeline. <a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MNs6VIF3o-qvlahRZc97j-ITDz510Hj-A5An0gcmlkc/edit?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MNs6VIF3o-qvlahRZc97j-ITDz510Hj-A5An0gcmlkc/edit?usp=sharing</a>