Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

variable damage roll inside of a macro

How do I get this macro to ask me how many dice I should roll for damage (my attack is variable) instead of just the 4d6-2? &{template:GURPS} {{roll= [[3d6]] }} @{Juan Pablo Alejandro del Castillo de la Cruz|vs} {{target= [[16 + @{Juan Pablo Alejandro del Castillo de la Cruz|modifier}]] }} {{charactername=@{Juan Pablo Alejandro del Castillo de la Cruz|character_name} }} {{rolltype=ATTACK}} {{attackname=TK: Bullet}} {{damagetype=Piercing (pi) }} {{woundmod=1 }} {{damageroll=[[4d6-2]]}} {{hit-loc=[[ @{Juan Pablo Alejandro del Castillo de la Cruz|calledshot_check} ]] }} {{critbody=[[ @{Juan Pablo Alejandro del Castillo de la Cruz|critbodytable} ]] }} {{crithead=[[ @{Juan Pablo Alejandro del Castillo de la Cruz|critheadtable} ]] }} {{success=([[16 + (@{Juan Pablo Alejandro del Castillo de la Cruz|modifier} +1))]]}}
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Try updating damageroll to {{damageroll=[[ ?{How many dice?|1}d6-2 ]] }}
sorry to bug you, what's the syntax for adding the modifier as well.  The damage is actually 1d-1 per level.  Can I add a modifier as well to the number of dice?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
If you know the attribute name for your character level (depends on the sheet), you should be able to just substitute the attribute name in the macro so that it automatically adjusts according to your class level w/out the need for a query. ie {{damageroll=[[ @{selected|class-level}d6-@{selected|class-level} ]] }} or if you want a single query {{damageroll=[[ ?{What level?|1}d6-?{What level?|1} ]] }}
The 2nd one is what I need.  The variable is chosen by me each attack.  I can do any amount of d6-1 upto my max.  I appreciate you not making me figure that out.  Thank you.