Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Prep] for session 18

Edited 1513663654
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scene to-do list: 1. Wrap up the radio placement and "what the what?!?" thing with GG and Leo from the night before. 2. Adam and his Dad, just before school. 3. Prrrrrobably jump to after school, unless someone has something they want to do during. (I have a short thing with Andromeda and Harry.) 4. Afternoon, after school, pre-HHL dinner. 5. HHL Dinner. Add to this as you need to, and definitely remind of anything I said I'd get to and haven't. (Ugh, like for instance I just remembered I need to write up Rossum's video message. WHOOPS.)

Edited 1513664189
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Not for this session necessarily, but Leo showing that video to Agent Waters. If that's something that you want to just happen and have him say "well that's a thing", that's fine. If he's got any feedback, or will answer questions (or needs some answered), we could also do that on forums or something. Edit: I should mention that Leo's profoundly uninterested in any kind of rescue, unless Rossum provided some compelling reason or Waters says "help us get him back into custody" or whatever. :)
Doyce T. said: Scene to-do list: 1. Wrap up the radio placement and "what the what?!?" thing with GG and Leo from the night before. 2. Adam and his Dad, just before school. 3. Prrrrrobably jump to after school, unless someone has something they want to do during. (I have a short thing with Andromeda and Harry.) 4. Afternoon, after school, pre-HHL dinner. 5. HHL Dinner. Add to this as you need to. oooo, agendas... my favorite thing (not even kidding here, organization is my happy place). In my mind the scene for Adam and his Dad should be pretty quick (with that being said, watch it eat up half the session :c).  The big question for the scene I see is: What will Nassir's reaction to the night before be.  Adam's tact after the previous night and getting his mood balanced out by Solaris is going to be accept responsibility, fess up to fear in the heat of the moment, and try to take the mature route (in so much as he understands what that is). I have nothing that needs to take place during school and it's probably preferable with this particular focus to gloss over it.  Maybe a good place for some low-impact custom moves like, "When you try to make it through the day before a big meeting, roll +Superior.  On a hit, you managed to focus through the day without anything coming crashing down.  On a 10+, you've had time to put your thoughts in order: take +1 forward to the big event.  On a miss, your thoughts distracted you and you overlooked sometime important (a homework assignment, a favor asked by a friend, etc) and it'll come and bite you in the ass later."  Nothing game changing, just something to show where everyone's head is at going into the thing.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Actually, I think Leo is ready for a quick comfort and support at Adam during school, if we can fit that in.
Scene to-do list: 1. Wrap up the radio placement and "what the what?!?" thing with GG and Leo from the night before. 2. Adam and his Dad, just before school. 3. Prrrrrobably jump to after school, unless someone has something they want to do during. (I have a short thing with Andromeda and Harry.) 4. Afternoon, after school, pre-HHL dinner. 5. HHL Dinner. Well, Jason's time line has pushed from #1.9 ( 17.3 ) to #4 ( 17.4 ), outcome TBD. I'm fine with just taking notes through then. God only knows what shape he'll be in for #5. (Wait, dinner? We're invited for dinner? Crap, a whole new level of drilled social graces for Jason to dredge back up, after a year-plus of Dinner=Pizza and/or Stouffer's Lasagna and/or Chinese Delivery eaten on the sofa). 4.X I suspect Jason will need/want some time to talk with someone about stuff he discovers viz Alycia, but nothing that needs to be hard agendaed as yet. 4.X Jason also wants to talk with Adam, per his  text . Though he kind of forgot about the HHL / dinner thing when sending it. If that doesn't happen before we show up with the HHL, that's cool, and will add a certain additional awkwardness to the sitch. Adam's tact after the previous night and getting his mood balanced out by Solaris is going to be accept responsibility, fess up to fear in the heat of the moment, and try to take the mature route (in so much as he understands what that is). I don't know if it will matter to Nassir that both Jason and  Adam manned up and accepted responsibility for the issues of the previous night. But I (the Player) am kind of tickled.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill G. said: Actually, I think Leo is ready for a quick comfort and support at Adam during school, if we can fit that in. Adam almost always has conditions, so I'm sure that'll work out. :-) And, even if he doesn't, he'll have talked to his dad in the morning so he might have some anyway. :-)
Doyce T. said: Bill G. said: Actually, I think Leo is ready for a quick comfort and support at Adam during school, if we can fit that in. Adam almost always has conditions, so I'm sure that'll work out. :-) And, even if he doesn't, he'll have talked to his dad in the morning so he might have some anyway. :-) Adam and his 4/5 conditions is looking forward to this. I remember the last time I had all my conditions clear about four-five games ago.  Pretty sure it lasted for about fifteen minutes.  I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that Adam keeps getting beat up (physically and emotionally) or that I took so many moves that start with the phrase "Mark a condition and..."
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
# 3.5. - Numina is ... mildly worried about Jason's new power experiment.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Doyce T. said: # 3.5. - Numina is ... mildly worried about Jason's new power experiment. Is that a longer conversation that can/should happen outside the normal session?
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't... Think so? It's the sort of thing that's probably just a couple of sentences during a larger how are things going living over at the compound kind of conversation
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Okay. It sounded like Jason might have other stuff to talk about post-Li'lycia, but I'll let Dave arrange that if he does. :)
I think Jason certainly has other stuff to talk about post-Li'lycia, but he wants to gather his thoughts (those that haven't strayed to far) first. He may not be fully aware of some of the bing-bang-boom Zelaznyesque shenanigans that happened. I mean, he's aware of them, but he may not have (I will say has not) truly come down from that dissociative understanding-leads-to-instant-action state enough to recognize either what's gone on outwardly (oh, hey, tripped some breakers, had to break out the reserve power core that hasn't been fired up since Dad went away, hope I don't have to reset any of the clocks from blinking midnight at me, maybe I won't rush it next time) or what he's learned inwardly (about his power, about his memories, about the past, about his own intelligence, about some of the possible causes of his problems). Hopefully he'll be on his toes again by dinner time, in time for the next high tide of trouble. (If he does get the impression that Numina was distressed by what happens, that will definitely be a waking slap in the face.)

Edited 1513730256
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I mean, I'd be distressed. I don't know anyone who wouldn't be. You wake up suddenly, the man you trust comes lunging at you because you're wearing the body of his enemy, you're told there's another you and she isn't sure about becoming you again. Someone's messing with you and your friends, so now you're a ghostly guest in a house that's been invaded and still has a facsimile of the invader running with privileged access. The owner may or may not be smitten with you based on his comments last night. And you can't leave the house. This is all over the past couple of days. Now you black out, no reason why. You come to. So that's a thing. Are you still intact? Did somebody do something to you? You need to know you aren't going to wink out forever, or be changed, or have your brain corrupted by a bigger power spike, because now all of that feels like it's possible. What do you want to hear from your host that'll make you feel safe again? Edit: the text was unclear whether a "blackout" occurred. I assumed one did from the "startup restored" text.
Oh, understood -- I don't think she actually blacked out (" Numina closing her eyes and preparing for a hard shutdown ") from what Doyce has said about the power, particularly to critical systems like the computers, but she was aware that she might be about to , which, combined with everything else would be more than enough to cause distress. I don't think Jason will think about that right away, unless something / someone points it out to him (be it Numina looking terrified or Leo poking him in the snoot); when it does occur to him, there will definitely be room for RP about it.