Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Masks 21.2 - Social (and other) Media [Background]

Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Some time is going to pass, I think. More on that in another post. The article continues on 2B, talking about how the HHL is (somewhat atypically, it is subtly implied) helping out with the literally street-level problem of returning vehicles to owners, damage clean-up, et cetera. The rest of the article talks about the Vyortovians at the embassy claiming no knowledge of any wrongdoing (aside from stepping into the vacated offices. "It seemed the most expedient solution, and everyone seemed to think we belonged there - the signs on the doors WERE for our country."  They flatly denied any knowledge of whatever effect was causing the memory alteration or tampering.   There's a long B-section continuation on what seems to have been the scope of the tampering, an article in the tech section on the fact that while the memory altering seems to have been reversed, worldwide modifications to databases are still MOSTLY missing Icelandic information. (Databases nearer the eastern sea board seem to be in better shape, and public spaces like Wikipedia were able to, once their techs could remember Iceland, find backups from a few years ago and restore them.) Almost ten thousand homeless individuals worldwide (many diagnosed with some form of dementia in the last few years) have been identified as Iceland nationals away from their country when it disappeared. Most are being relocated or connected with family members who suddenly remembered they exist. The current president is blaming the previous president for the whole thing. ... and this breaking news did not help.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
And one more. The link leads to a podcast with Tyson (and guests) theorizing - pretty confidently - on why Vyortovia seems to "move around" and, in fact, actually not be here some of the time.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
So since the whole "energy signature" thing is in the news, one assumes Jason and the Quill organization are going to come under pretty heavy scrutiny / investigation (for all that it can be brushed off, esp. by the Quill org as "well, clearly something associated with Dr. Chin, perhaps indicating some tie between that wanted terrorist and the Vyortovian ... well, would it be wrong to call it an 'invasion'?") Some time is going to pass, I think. I'll comment further in that associated post. (Sorry, playing catch-up tonight. I used to refer to coming out to California as wandering into Faerie; this visit is feeling a bit more Sisyphean, but in either case, it's been distracting from this stuff. :-) )
I love the newspaper generator, btw.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yay. :) 
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: So since the whole "energy signature" thing is in the news, one assumes Jason and the Quill organization are going to come under pretty heavy scrutiny / investigation Yes. ( and yes to the brush-off comment) 
A short story, from the night of the Vyortovian attack: While the Ponies couldn't directly help with all of the craziness, they could help locate people who needed rescuing. People in stalled cars freezing while under the sleep spell. Houses without power. Things like that. Nono and PowerPony (in dangerous situations, always travel with a buddy) found an apartment building that had lost power and a family was trapped in an elevator between floors. They put out the call to anyone who could help. Fifteen minutes, Concord showed up. Somewhere between that time and the family getting pulled out of the elevator, this picture was taken and it's now been shared between the various Pony's social media accounts. Apparently, Solaris did more than just unlock more of Concord's powers...

Edited 1516324714
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Did Adam request another rescue mission? Was it for himself?
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
At the risk of causing another sighting of the aww-jeez panda gif, that picture also looks freaking amazing and I love it.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm also now curious about the coincidence (?) that someone flashing an Eclipse caste mark is standing between Ayesha Ura and the Green Lady:&nbsp;<a href="https://emilywarrenart.deviantart.com/art/EXALTED-Character-Busts-64584473" rel="nofollow">https://emilywarrenart.deviantart.com/art/EXALTED-Character-Busts-64584473</a>
Bill G. said: Did Adam request another rescue mission? Was it for himself? Sadly, with all of Adam's issues he's gotten through about being a hero, now someone's going have to calm him down from being tall, handsome, and 17ish in his new Concordance form.&nbsp; The poor boy . Bill G. said: At the risk of causing another sighting of the aww-jeez panda gif, that picture also looks freaking amazing and I love it. Thanks! (What?&nbsp; Not freaking out about this time?) Nope.&nbsp; I'm working on taking compliments better. Bill G. said: I'm also now curious about the coincidence (?) that someone flashing an Eclipse caste mark is standing between Ayesha Ura and the Green Lady:&nbsp; <a href="https://emilywarrenart.deviantart.com/art/EXALTED-Character-Busts-64584473" rel="nofollow">https://emilywarrenart.deviantart.com/art/EXALTED-Character-Busts-64584473</a> I never followed much of the Exalted character stuff, so a lot of a coincidence.&nbsp; Sadly, I'm having to use an existing caste mark for Adam due to&nbsp; Sol's connection to the sun (It's right there in the name).&nbsp; Don't worry, that'll change eventually.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
It's chronologically later, but Leo does indeed offer mentoring and warns about dating being confusing here:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5978487/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5978487/</a>
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author