Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Holiday Break - Post-21 [Prep]

Edited 1516212920
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
So with the Yule stuff happening on the 22nd and morning of the 23rd, holidays and more importantly holiday breaks looming, I'm thinking of actually jumping things forward to mid-January with the next session. A few random thoughts. Probably need love letters to encompass the passing time. Some of them will have to do with dealing with AEGIS, Waters, the HHL, JHHL, news teams, et cetera. I might also experiment with a group love letter that doesn't have dice to roll, but does have some choices to make. Yes, since Charlotte is a superhero whose address is literally the cemetery, you can assert some authority with regards to cordoning off and keeping an eye on what's is and isn't going on there. School restart delayed a week to relocate students from Halcyon High South, so we'd start back up with everyone at Gardner. If you have "I'm going to want to know what's going on with X" things, by all means bring them up so I can roll them into summary fiction or love letters. I've probably forgot some stuff, so please chime in.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I tagged some of the Trello cards: <a href="https://trello.com/b/eE2en8oP/story-tracking?menu=" rel="nofollow">https://trello.com/b/eE2en8oP/story-tracking?menu=</a>... Stuff I think would help push my/our plots forward. The rendezvous with whoever's in the Sepiaverse! This feels like something we'd try to do in a couple days, not a couple weeks, and feels important enough to do as part of a session. If it's just "nobody responded"/"the people who responded were Vyortovia", we can learn that for sure and figure out a new plan. If the only people who care are Jason and I, we can handle it via the forums. We still need Charlotte or Harry (as far as I know) to actually effect a transfer of people, unless Alycia shows up and brokers a peace with us. If someone else got there first (e.g. Alycia made a breakthrough), that potentially becomes a more conventional hostage rescue or something, and we'll see when that comes out. Show the Rossum video to Waters, find out what the deal is. Pneuma's/Numina's/Otto's personhood. I'm doing that via forum posting and that'll fit in during the downtime. Nice to haves: Leo's talked about building stuff - a mobile base/home, a second shell for Pneuma/Numina, whatever. Aside from whatever Waters says, he'll probably try to stay busy with that, so I will call a couple of those completed unless Leo's downtime is spoken for by whatever you've got cooking. We actually have a bunch of Vyortovia info: GG's research, Hannibal Lectric's family ties, the folklore book. It'd be neat to see a rollup of whatever combined information we now have, that points us at a course of action. That also included Jason investigating Amir's current situation, I think?
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill G. said: The rendezvous with whoever's in the Sepiaverse! This feels like something we'd try to do in a couple days, not a couple weeks, and feels important enough to do as part of a session. Thank you! I knew I was forgetting something. The main thing here is that I wasn't actually expecting the redezvous people to get in contact right away. Stuff over there is complicated, so I am okay with that happening once we get rolling again. Hmm. It's also possible... Let me see... Jason is probably on for session 22, but maybe not. Charlotte is a definite no for 22, and both Jason and Charlotte are a definite no for 23 as well. I'd hoped/thought I might be able to end session 21 with the two of them over in the Sepiaverse, and then handle the 22&23 time with a side-session for the two of them, over there, but things didn't work out that way, unless we get a little forum fiction lined up to make that happen during the break. Maybe we just have SOME time pass, so that session 24 is the start of the new semester, since I'd like everyone back around for that? Hmm. Still if Jason makes 22, that's as good a time as any to start up school, since Charlotte isn't attending anyway. Definitely need to hammer some timing issues out. Show the Rossum video to Waters, find out what the deal is. I need to get my act together and write that up for you. :(&nbsp; But in any case showing that to Waters in the interim is good. Pneuma's/Numina's/Otto's personhood. I'm doing that via forum posting and that'll fit in during the downtime. Perfect. Nice to haves: Leo's talked about building stuff - a mobile base/home, a second shell for Pneuma/Numina, whatever.&nbsp; That mobile base/home sounds like a really cool thing to work out. Hmm. Definitely understand wanting to distance yourself from the Gales at the moment. We actually have a bunch of Vyortovia info: GG's research, Hannibal Lectric's family ties, the folklore book. It'd be neat to see a rollup of whatever combined information we now have, that points us at a course of action. That also included Jason investigating Amir's current situation, I think? I could definitely see Jason visiting Amir very soon. (Especially if the "don't visit Amir" instinct was inflicted on him... externally.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Doyce T. said: Jason is probably on for session 22, but maybe not. Charlotte is a definite no for 22, and both Jason and Charlotte are a definite no for 23 as well. I'd hoped/thought I might be able to end session 21 with the two of them over in the Sepiaverse, and then handle the 22&23 time with a side-session for the two of them, over there, but things didn't work out that way, unless we get a little forum fiction lined up to make that happen during the break. Sounds like it'll work okay. Charlotte goes over there to make the rendezvous but as of 22 & 23 hasn't come back (due to whatever shenanigans are going on, or some compelling personal issue). If Dave is no good for 22, then Jason went with her. If Dave makes it, Jason tries his new portal dingus to try and reach her, and that's the last we hear of him for a session. A couple weeks pass for everyone else, and we nervously hang out hoping to hear back from them while other stuff lands on our faces.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Actually, that'll sort things out nicely.
Jason shouts, "I NEVER TOUCHED HER PORTAL DINGUS!" Ahem. That seems a reasonable enough explanation for stuff, assuming things with Harry, Adam, and Leo progress appropriately in our absences.&nbsp; Jason's got some major stuff to tackle, though, in a way that "hanging out for the holidays" doesn't quite work. Without jumping over to the Trello (or deep diving back into the last chat with Li'lycia, etc.), that would include: Per the email from Leo and his own inclinations, there are some clear concerns over security in the Quill computer realm. Doing some stuff to assist and protect Numina is a priority (leaving aside anything else re Janumina). Follow-up with Amir, based not just on his own mental / memory issues, but on the video that Waters shared with him, in which Amir is absent from that scene with Byron and Rusty and Chin, et al. Which raises the question of getting answers from him about what actually happened vs. the story he was given. That would probably be handled by Jason in person, which might be a plausible reason for delay if jetting down to the Florida Keys is not convenient, but delaying a few weeks would be difficult. As noted elsethread, if the disappearance of Iceland is publicly associated with the events in DC, Jason's going to be answering a lot of questions from the press, from other law enforcement (assuming that AEGIS was already aware of this), etc. While there are some avenues for official handwaving by blaming it all on Dr. Chin, it's still going to be something demanding his attention. (Alycia is likely to be unamused by all this, too, even if she's seen the video that Jason dead-dropped to her.) Jason has gotten strong indications that his memories have been tampered with -- either by design, or through the operation of the nanobots. He would definitely be exploring this, through the Quill computers, through trying to get more straight answers from Li'lycia, and from redoubling his efforts to get ahold of the real Alycia, given that he's forgotten &nbsp;big chunks of their ?relationship? thing.&nbsp; I'm sure I'm forgetting other not-insignificant bits. That all said, yes, Charlotte being in danger, etc., would be a proximate thing that might drag him away from this stuff as an immediate high priority. But lacking an immediate trapping in the Sepiaverse, skipping forward a few weeks begs a lot more than a quick synopsis.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: Per the email from Leo and his own inclinations, there are some clear concerns over security in the Quill computer realm. Doing some stuff to assist and protect Numina is a priority (leaving aside anything else re Janumina). I just finished PMing Doyce about Numina, and I have a suggestion that'll take care of her specifically. The rest of your security is up to you, but if that's enough for Jason for the moment, and progresses his story, we can go with it. Either RP on forums, or I can just PM you a summary, your choice depending on your RL schedule. Also we need a better portmanteau/nickname for that ship, I mean come on.
Bill G. said: Also we need a better portmanteau/nickname for that ship, I mean come on. Numon.&nbsp; Quina.&nbsp; Black Knight (a dig on Jason's iconic black shirt and Leo's White Knight ascetic).&nbsp; The Friend SHIP.&nbsp; Cheese-Flavored Memories (a line that many of the shippers latched onto after&nbsp; this scene ).
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: Bill G. said: Also we need a better portmanteau/nickname for that ship, I mean come on. Numon.&nbsp; Quina.&nbsp; Black Knight (a dig on Jason's iconic black shirt and Leo's White Knight ascetic).&nbsp; The Friend SHIP.&nbsp; Cheese-Flavored Memories (a line that many of the shippers latched onto after&nbsp; this scene ). I knew you'd deliver. The idea that shippers would come up with a name based on a private conversation, though, either implies that Jason's computer security really is shit, or that there's a Sam Fisher/Splinter Cell/Metal Gear Solid squad of special ops commando ponies, sneaking into peoples' houses with laser microphones to hunt for subtext. Which, uh, I can believe either way.
I meant it more as an out-of-universe name that "the audience" might use, not an in-universe one.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I know, I know, but the in-universe implications amused me. :)

Edited 1516300587
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: Jason's got some major stuff to tackle, though, in a way that "hanging out for the holidays" doesn't quite work. Well, his version of hanging out is probably more lack of sleep and obsessive digging at things, so yeah. Per the email from Leo and his own inclinations, there are some clear concerns over security in the Quill computer realm. Doing some stuff to assist and protect Numina is a priority (leaving aside anything else re Janumina). Any preparations or help you give in this area can proooobably be gotten to in a forum post. See Bill for details on that. Numina has a request. Follow-up with Amir, based not just on his own mental / memory issues, but on the video that Waters shared with him, in which Amir is absent from that scene with Byron and Rusty and Chin, et al. Which raises the question of getting answers from him about what actually happened vs. the story he was given. That would probably be handled by Jason in person, which might be a plausible reason for delay if jetting down to the Florida Keys is not convenient, but delaying a few weeks would be difficult. Agreed that this should be in play. If you're around next session, I'd like to get to this. 22 might be a kind of tying up loose ends sort of session in that regard - finally getting to stuff we've been meaning to get to, while the rest of the world catches up to stuff you guys already knew. As noted elsethread, if the disappearance of Iceland is publicly associated with the events in DC, Jason's going to be answering a lot of questions from the press, from other law enforcement (assuming that AEGIS was already aware of this), etc. While there are some avenues for official handwaving by blaming it all on Dr. Chin, it's still going to be something demanding his attention. (Alycia is likely to be unamused by all this, too, even if she's seen the video that Jason dead-dropped to her.) AEGIS knew about the effect that was messing with people's memories. Did not know it's origins. Officially suspects Vyortovia (as does most everyone, and no one's listening to protestations to the contrary), but Waters at least doesn't even question if/when you guys drop the "HHL did it" truth bomb on him. Jason has gotten strong indications that his memories have been tampered with -- either by design, or through the operation of the nanobots. Or both. Jason can apply his big brain, AIs, nanite/computer interface, and a soup spoon's worth of pessimism to determine good odds it's a mix of "slightly" malfunctioning nanites designed to handle buffer overflow (causing some personality de-rezzing in the process), possibly intentional memory ... influencing, also by the bots/Byron with regards to old memories of Alycia, and external fuckery by someone-probably-Hecate intended to steer him away from anything that would lead him in the direction of "rescuing Dad and Rusty." All of which doom-worthy activity can be subsumed under the Doom points you've picked up in the last couple sessions. He would definitely be exploring this, through the Quill computers, through trying to get more straight answers from Li'lycia, and from redoubling his efforts to get ahold of the real Alycia, given that he's forgotten &nbsp;big chunks of their ?relationship? thing.&nbsp;I'm sure I'm forgetting other not-insignificant bits. I think Alycia can be gotten to either next session, maybe, or during some kind of make-up session we do with you and Charlotte. Any weirdness that evolves from "two weeks worth of stuff happened with Leo/Adam/Harry, but we were only in the Sepiaverse for a couple days" can be addressed with a jar of handwavium ointment.
Jason can apply his big brain, AIs, nanite/computer interface, and a soup spoon's worth of pessimism to determine good odds it's a mix of "slightly" malfunctioning nanites designed to handle buffer overflow (causing some personality de-rezzing in the process), possibly intentional memory ... influencing, also by the bots/Byron with regards to old memories of Alycia, and external fuckery by someone-probably-Hecate intended to steer him away from anything that would lead him in the direction of "rescuing Dad and Rusty." Which is a fine, succinct summary of what his research pulls together, which I will have to mull over and emote about when I get a chance (soon!)

Edited 1516652220
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill G. said: Doyce T. said: Jason is probably on for session 22, but maybe not. Charlotte is a definite no for 22, and both Jason and Charlotte are a definite no for 23 as well. I'd hoped/thought I might be able to end session 21 with the two of them over in the Sepiaverse, and then handle the 22&23 time with a side-session for the two of them, over there, but things didn't work out that way, unless we get a little forum fiction lined up to make that happen during the break. Sounds like it'll work okay. Charlotte goes over there to make the rendezvous but as of 22 & 23 hasn't come back (due to whatever shenanigans are going on, or some compelling personal issue). If Dave is no good for 22, then Jason went with her. If Dave makes it, Jason tries his new portal dingus to try and reach her, and that's the last we hear of him for a session. A couple weeks pass for everyone else, and we nervously hang out hoping to hear back from them while other stuff lands on our faces. Okay, so if Dave makes it tonight, we need to kind of aim things in this general direction. After a week+ or something (getting into early January) of (variously, depending on team mate in question) family time, smooching, research, Numina body-building, navel-gazing, holiday meals, and a LOT of careful monitoring of the dimensional damage in and around the cemetery, plus paranoia that the Vyortovians might have done something they missed, (plus maybe something else) Charlotte decides to pop over to the other side to see what's going on, only leaving a note behind to inform the boys what she did. (Bonus: She clears Insecure in the process! (And how glad was I to see that was the one condition she currently has...)) Jason's time in session 22 should probably involve Amir at some point. Events conspire to send Jason over to the other side via his Portal doomsign, end of session 22. GM runs a side session with Dave and Margie, once they're back at the Consortium, roughly coincident with sessions 22 (for Margie) and 23 (for both).
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds okay with me.
/thumbsupgif (Yeah, I'm super lazy at the moment.)
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Also of note, possibly relevant: Janus When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they see you as the person wearing the mask or the person underneath. If the former, mark potential and clear a condition. If the latter, take Influence over them if you reveal yourself. Legacy When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them whether you see them as an equal. If you do, give them Influence over you and mark potential. If you don’t, shift Superior up and any other Label down. And... I think we already spotted that Charlotte met her triumphant celebration criteria at the end of last session?
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
While we're at that: "When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential." I'd planned to do this during session, but Leo's making Mercury his (as usual platonic/brotherly) Love and Ghost Girl his Rival, after their performances against Vyortovia. I do have a few minutes I'd like to spend threatening Jason's life during the session though.

Edited 1516656787
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill G. said: While we're at that: "When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential." I'd planned to do this during session, but Leo's making Mercury his (as usual platonic/brotherly) Love and Ghost Girl his Rival, after their performances against Vyortovia. I do have a few minutes I'd like to spend threatening Jason's life during the session though. It's a shame these don't animate without clicking.
Animated GIFs you upload need a click to animate. Ones you link to animate automatically. It's a...charming idiosyncrasy. The plans above for Jason sound fine. A bit more pre-planned than normal, but I very much understand the need for choreography with out goings about.&nbsp; I am 100% on for tonight. And 100% off next Monday.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: Animated GIFs you upload need a click to animate. Ones you link to animate automatically. It's a...charming idiosyncrasy. It's due to how AWS S3 serves files and how Roll20 copies files there. I keep a library of reaction GIFs bookmarked and link when possible for this reason. :) The plans above for Jason sound fine. A bit more pre-planned than normal, but I very much understand the need for choreography with out goings about. I don't know that we'll get a chance for it in session given how much stuff is on the docket, but if you tell Numina your plans prior to leaving, she may guess that Jason's nanobot UPS dropoff gave Alycia what she needs to get to the Sepiaverse, realize Ghost Girl has been away for long enough to suggest shenanigans, conclude that Jason might meet Alycia there, and give him this advice in that event: "Don't make her a vehicle for your hopes and wants. If you meet her, listen to her tell you who she is, like you were meeting her for the first time, and see where that takes you."
You know, if everyone listened to Numina, this game would be a lot more boring. :-) Jason was quite sincere in wanting to reach out to Numina for reality checks. How much he'll take such advice to heart at the heat of the moment remains an open question, but sage counsel, certainly.&nbsp;
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: You know, if everyone listened to Numina, this game would be a lot more boring. :-) "Win a Date With Jason Quill" for the Ponies was her idea, and I hope that scenario is many things and that boring isn't one of them :)

Edited 1526453819
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
#SummerComic

Edited 1526453807
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
#SummerComic