Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Monkey with the Hat [Background]

"But it's so cute!" "Cute! It's chasing after us on --" "It was cute before . At the village. It was so cute!" "Okay, it was cute! At the village! Here? Not so freaking much!" "It's still cute!" "Duck!" "Ducks are cute, too!" "Hardy-har. Death rays are not cute." "Down this embankment! But the monkey is still cute! It has that little hat!" "It isn't a little hat, it's a cerebral enhancement crown. Its intelligence has been boosted by an ancient technology, it's controlling that giant golden monkey robot built by the Procyon invaders five thousand years ago, and it's trying to kill us!" "That just means it's a highly lethal agent for a failed alien incursion, carrying out a mission started by a star-faring race long since dead. It's dangerous , but that doesn't mean it isn't cute." "The two do not go together!" "Really?  Really?!" "Now you're going to --? Look out! Okay, usually they don't go together!" "That's a marginally more defensible position." "But not the monkey!" "But it's so cute!" "Here it comes again!"

Edited 1517124723
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
THANK YOU. God I've been hoping for this for AGES.
It really was a one-off comment during a Travelycia, but it resonated.
Jason remembers TMwaH much more nostalgically now than at the time, as one does. 
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
"WHO'S THE 'CUTE MONKEY' NOW? WHO'S THE 'CUTE MONKEY'  NOW?!"

Edited 1517188123
(Sorry, I'm fine with Jonny Quest homages, but I have to draw the line at Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp .)