Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drop Down Healing Potions Macro

Hey guys! Just wanted to share a nice, clean little macro I've put together for my DnD Games. As my player kept having to check in about "how much does this healing item do again?" I decided I might as well give them a nice, clean drop-down selection. &{template:desc} {{desc= ?{Choose a Potion of...|Healing, **Potion of Healing**: [[2d4+2]]|Greater Healing, **Potion of Greater Healing**: [[4d4+4]]|Superior Healing, **Potion of Superior Healing**: [[8d4+8]]|Supreme Healing, **Potion of Supreme Healing**: [[10d4+20]]|Keoghtom's Ointment, **Keoghtom's Ointment**: [[2d8+2]] and cured of poison and any disease} }} Which ultimately gives you the output shown below. Of course, you can adjust the healing numbers as well as names for the items as needed. Enjoy!
Add [[ in front of {{desc=  and you will get rid of those yellow boxes. It's a little trick I picked up on here last year. [[ {{desc= ...
Ed S. said: Add [[ in front of {{desc=  and you will get rid of those yellow boxes. It's a little trick I picked up on here last year. [[ {{desc= ... Neat! It does also seem to be taking away the ability hover over the number if you're curious about the roll.... I'll have to ask my players which version they prefer, but it's definitely incredibly good to know. Thank you!
I use a nearly identical one:  (The carriage returns are where they are intentionally. You can copy/paste as-is) @{selected|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} ?{Healing Potion Variety?| Standard (2d4+2), {{rname=Standard Healing Potion (2d4+2)}} {{dmg1=[[2d4+2]]}} |Greater (4d4+4), {{rname=Greater Healing Potion (4d4+4)}} {{dmg1=[[4d4+4]]}} |Superior (8d4+8), {{rname=Superior Healing Potion (8d4+8)}} {{dmg1=[[8d4+8]]}} |Supreme (10d4+20),{{rname=Supreme Healing Potion (10d4+20)}} {{dmg1=[[10d4+20]]}} }

Edited 1519162942
Heal like a pro with alterbar API's. Select the target and its add to the bar automatically. !alter --target|@{target|token_id} --bar|1 --amount|?{What type of potion|Healing,2d4+2|Greater,4d4+4 |Superior,8d4+4 |Supreme,10d4+20 |Full,+100|} You can add anything you like and the api will only heal to the hp_max.  add |How much,0 too add an amount or |?{How Many Dice Rolled?}d?{Dice Type}+?{Any Modifiers?}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How do you get that dropdown list style, Craven?
I believe that is Mac OS
Craven said: Heal like a pro with alterbar API's. Select the target and its add to the bar automatically. !alter --target|@{target|token_id} --bar|1 --amount|?{What type of potion|Healing,2d4+2|Greater,4d4+4 |Superior,8d4+4 |Supreme,10d4+20 |Full,+100|} You can add anything you like and the api will only heal to the hp_max.  add |How much,0 too add an amount or |?{How Many Dice Rolled?}d?{Dice Type}+?{Any Modifiers?} Friend, you have just saved my life! Is it possible to use the AlterBar API to have healing spells automatically heal a target too? My players roll their spells off the 5e OGL sheet.