Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lighting not working on just one map

I'm running Forge of Fury and everything was fine until the Sinkhole map. All of the original DL lines in the map have disappeared and I can't get them back. I can redraw them myself but that tell me why they were gone in the first place. This didn't happen until we were about 2/3 of the way through Sinkhole map. DL works fine on all the other maps. How do I get DL lines back?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Odd, the only way that could should happen if is someone with GM access was to delete them from the DL layer. Is it possible that you accidentally used keyboard shortcuts to access the DL layer, select all, then delete?! Sounds extreme but can happen! For a quick fix I would recommend creating a new game, adding the Forge of Fury to that and then using the transmogrifier to copy it across to your main game (change the name of the page on the main game first or it will attempt to overwrite and you may lose some of your efforts). You can then copy and paste the tokens as needed or move them as appropriate. For full tech help support: I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Thanks for responding Ziechael.   I did all the steps you recommended except for #4.  I am also the only person with GM access to the game.  I don't use keyboard shortcuts but accidentally hitting the combination to erase the dynamic lighting lines is definitely something to consider.  I worked with computers for over 30 years and have seen this kind of thing happen more that once plus even far stranger things. I was able to recreate the dynamic lighting lines on Sinkhole and they have stayed put so everything is fine there now.  I'll have to take a look at keyboard shortcuts now so I hopefully avoid this problem in he future. Thank you!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
KenB said: I worked with computers for over 30 years and have seen this kind of thing happen more that once plus even far stranger things. They do like to keep us on our toes don't they! If it happens again be sure to run through step 4 while still in the game, its data could help pinpoint any potential issue with the VTT but I'm glad you were able to get it up and running again, apologies for the inconvenience. Happy rolling!