Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder GM looking for someone to teach me roll20

Title says it all. I prefer to GM. However, I dont know how to use Roll20 and would love it if someone would like to train a new person willing to GM for the community. 
Just create campaign and have a go. I joined a week or so and just played with it. It really only took a day or so and a few qquestions to work it out. The main thing that confused me initially was to have the right layer set on the tab: map layer when putting on maps, switch to token layer for everything else.
I'd say a good place to start would be to create a campaign for just yourself to mess around with, then open up the Help & Docs and start reading and experimenting. Possibly do a sort of game wherein you play both sides to help learn how it all comes together.  That or grab a player or two so that you can double-check that you're doing it right (for things that should and shouldn't be visible to them).
I am going to do just that! Thanks guys. Roll20 seems nice so far.  Thanks again!
Send me a message if you get a campaign up and running. I'd be down.
id like to join a campaign :D
Another thing I'd say is that Voice option doesn't seem to function. So use Skype in tandam: that seems to be what everyone else does.
I am learning and have chosen to start with something from The Old Margreve in Midgard. So far it seems the interface is easier than others I have played with. I am pretty sure I will use the dynamic lighting feature but when I am more comfy I will upgrade so I can get it. Have to remember what layer I am on....my new mantra :-)
I want to learn how to play as well, please invite me.
Hello there Chris. I am an avid member of the Roll20 system and I enjoy playing pathfinder witches. &nbsp;I am also a computer tech and I know a lot about the Roll20 system. &nbsp;I would be willing to trade a potential spot in a future upcoming game that you GM in return for training you to use Roll20 better. Let me know if this interests you by replying to <a href="mailto:codenamegeek@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">codenamegeek@gmail.com</a> Respectfully, CodeNameGeek
email sent
swampedbybunnies said: Another thing I'd say is that Voice option doesn't seem to function. So use Skype in tandam: that seems to be what everyone else does. It looks like most people are playing on Hangouts. I need to get a new webcam this week.&nbsp;
I would also like to join if possible