Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Duplicate Page (sorry know this has been asked a lot!)

Edited 1521518721
I did a search for "duplicate page" "Copy Map" after finding out the duplicate page function only copies the page parameters, not the layers......and found a lot of "coming soon" posts dating back 3/4 years. Is there a way to do this yet, or still having to use the 'pay more for transmogrifier option', or the 'CTRL+A, Copy, Paste', and spend ages trying to get token in front/back order and hoping you have not missed something? I have not invested much time in map making using tokens on Roll20 but spent a fair amount on packs to do this, and am wondering if I should just be designing my map layers in Photoshop?  
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No change to the status quo. Transmogrifier is still the only efficient way to get this done.  
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: No change to the status quo. Transmogrifier is still the only efficient way to get this done.   Which is a Pro subscription perk...
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The best use practice is to download your packs, build the map in your 3rd party photo program, then upload the map to your game. This gives you several advantages: The map is stored in your asset library as one image, it will reduce load time and any possible lag that multiple tile/tokens would create.
Thanks, Photoship it is then! 
Roll20 actually Suggested GIMP, but Photoshop has pretty much identical tools. just remember you want to save it as 1 layer and save it as ANYTHING but a .jpeg and preferably not .jpg either to avoid server derping. I use .png myself, I also use GIMP
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What is "server derping"? Unless you need transparency, I can't think of a reason to save a map as a png over a jpg. And save as a native layered file. Just export your final image in a flattened format in case you want to edit. Also, there is no difference between .jpeg and .jpg other than the name. Roll20 doesn't parse the ".jpeg" extension.