Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Leo as Paragon of the City

Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I think the only two plots that Leo really needs to be here for are the time travel business, and dealing with his father (and finding out about his mother). Both of those feel like they can be closed off within a few more sessions (depending...). If that's the case, I plan to have Leo become a paragon of the city. In-story, he's got a plan for the future (doesn't he always?) and will explain it. He's going to invent a robot-driven solarpunk post-scarcity world where everyone can be happy. There's more to it than that, and he has some specific near-future ideas which I'm proud of, but yeah. Out-of-story, it feels like we've figured out who and what Leo Snow really is, what kind of hero Link intends to be, and so on. I feel that's the point where a Masks PC ought to graduate, whatever else is going on. So what then? I feel there's a lot more to do in this game world, and I want to continue doing it. The most logical new PC would be Summer Newman (who still needs a code name of some kind), probably using the Janus playbook. I mention this early so people can give feedback, start thinking about how their PC would connect with Summer, and so on. If someone has another PC idea they'd rather see me pick up, let's talk about it! I want to hear your idea.
First off, I agree that Leo's story, as initially established, is coming close to fulfillment -- which is not to say he couldn't continue onward with knock-on effects of these other things going on or getting set up, but I completely understand the desire for something new. Jason would be glad to see how Leo's ideas are compatible with his own, but that's a conversation for elsewhere. Summer is a great choice. Aria would be, too, in a different flavor. Otto ... I think is a lot more comfortable in his own skin (so to speak) than a good Masks PC should be.  In some ways, Summer is an easier choice, because she's already building something independent of her sister and brothers. That creates a springboard for reinventing herself. As Alycia's player, I'm intrigued by the future interactions possible (rivals, best buds, a partnership where both are teaching each other lessons and how to deal with the past and being human and stuff like that).  ------------------- A meta-something to consider beyond this thread (but which is much on my mind at present for other obvious reasons): while it's still one week or so into the second semester in January, assuming we do something to jump forward with the time stream, eventually we're going to be hitting May-June, and our senior class are going to graduate. How that, and prospects of college life (or not) affect the team dynamic and membership may be looking too far forward, but I want to get them on the table.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: A meta-something to consider beyond this thread (but which is much on my mind at present for other obvious reasons): while it's still one week or so into the second semester in January, assuming we do something to jump forward with the time stream, eventually we're going to be hitting May-June, and our senior class are going to graduate. How that, and prospects of college life (or not) affect the team dynamic and membership may be looking too far forward, but I want to get them on the table. Leo was held back a grade (due to literal months of absence from school, when his dad had him), so he's at most a junior. Summer is similarly placed. I think we had Concord in a similar lower grade. Ghost Girl doesn't go to school, so that's mostly a factor for Mercury and Charade to think about. I think we've got enough social context established outside school that things could continue smoothly. All that said, I feel that a big time skip is a low risk in this game. :)  But I'm cool whatever happens.
Bill G. said: *** Dave H. said: A meta-something to consider beyond this thread (but which is much on my mind at present for other obvious reasons): while it's still one week or so into the second semester in January, assuming we do something to jump forward with the time stream, eventually we're going to be hitting May-June, and our senior class are going to graduate. How that, and prospects of college life (or not) affect the team dynamic and membership may be looking too far forward, but I want to get them on the table. Leo was held back a grade (due to literal months of absence from school, when his dad had him), so he's at most a junior. Summer is similarly placed. I think we had Concord in a similar lower grade. Ghost Girl doesn't go to school, so that's mostly a factor for Mercury and Charade to think about. I think we've got enough social context established outside school that things could continue smoothly. All that said, I feel that a big time skip is a low risk in this game. :)  But I'm cool whatever happens. I've been going off the idea that Adam's the equivalent of a freshmen.  It's only two years ahead of where he'd normally be, so it's not too much of a stretch.
Oh, I'm not worried about the apocalypse (powered or not), but given that (a) we've focused a lot on the school dynamic, and (b) there's a lot of growing tension about prom, it seems a natural next thing to think about. Especially in this household.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Oh we can't rush into prom. Summer has so much work to do still. :(

Edited 1534400657
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm, maybe I should make Summer's checklist. Pretend I'm not thinking about going to prom Agonize about going to prom [ check ] Agonize about who to ask about going to prom Decide that I'm awesome and someone should ask me Agonize that nobody's asked [ check ] Befriend Alycia Chin [ check ] Convince Alycia Chin to accept me as a person [ check ] Figure out what's going on with Jason and Alycia [ check ] Fix whatever disaster Jason has created for himself with Alycia [ check ] Successfully get Jason/Alycia to prom - stunning dress is mandatory - at any cost Freak out because I still don't have a prom date [ check ] Fight villains [ check ] Serve coffee Save the world
And I have no doubt that Summer can do it.