Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The just-for-fun Super-Summer naming thread

Edited 1525553980
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Summer sits at the booth at Blintzkrieg. A yellow stationary pad sits on the table in front of her. Written on the pad is a series of names, each one crossed out or actively scribbled through. A #2 pencil rests lightly between her fingers, waiting to write another - and then cross it off. Picking a regular name was tough. Hero code names are the worst. I wonder if I can ask Jason. A memory flashes back - something about the Quill sales team and branding - and she shakes her head violently. If I ask him, he might do that again. I want his help. He could come up with something amazing, if he believed in himself more. She scratches out the entire list, tears off the top sheet, and starts writing. "The rules: nothing related to Summer. Short, easy to pronounce." The next rule should be easy - no X, only Y themed names. She knows what her body is capable of: it's tough, strong, and includes the Link Suit's grappling system. With some enhancements she can fly and project hard-light holograms from any surface. So what's her theme? Nothing comes to mind. At all. A shadow falls over the pad. Summer scrambles to cover it up. "Um, hi," comes a voice. Summer looks up. Oh, it's Nono Rodriguez. She smiles brightly, all customer service. "Hi there! I'm off shift, but I'll be back on--" "No, it's, it's not that." The girl sits down after a pause, a little too quickly. She's evidently nervous, not even making eye contact. "I wanted to talk to you, actually. Am I interrupting? I'm sorry." "No, it's perfectly okay." Summer pays more attention. Nono's done a lot of work on her look. New hairstyle, new outfit. She takes it all in and smiles again, but as a friend. "Oh! You look great. I thought you looked cute before, but I really like this look as well." "Thank you." Nono blushes, but seems very pleased at the praise. "So what's up?" Nono clutches her phone. "You sent me a text, saying um, saying something about how I was helpful for Leo. You said.. That he said… I was awesome?" She sounds like she's trying to convince herself. Oh, so you don't feel like you belong either, huh? Summer nods, and reaches a gentle hand across the table to cover the other girl's. "Listen. I've known Leo Snow for a long time. He hasn't been a superhero for very long. But he's always been smart. Really, really smart. That suit that he built? That's all applied chemistry." "I know, he's a genius." Nono's permanently avoiding eye contact, though she's glancing from time to time at her hand. Summer bobs her head. "Yep. He's a genius. And you, Miss Nono Rodriguez, were the one student in chemistry class he felt comfortable with, because you were smart too." The girl shakes her head and pulls away, physically recoiling from any accusation of usefulness or competence. But Summer's hand is strong, and she holds fast. "Yes, you are smart, Nono. You're also very pretty. And you, and your friends, have been really supportive of Leo and his team when they needed you most." Nono doesn't seem like she's on board with this idea yet, but she's stopped shrinking back. "Well, I'm glad I was able to be useful to him then…" Summer nods, and squeezes her hand once more before letting go. "You're more than useful. You're good for the people around you. And that's why I wanted to make sure I could stay in touch with you. Thank you for letting me have your number." Nono rubs her hands together, still quite nervous. She looks up, suddenly. "Say. I was meaning to ask. How do you know Leo anyway?" Boy, that's a question, isn't it. Summer spends a few agonizing moments thinking about how to answer it. Her synthetic memories - growing up next to Leo - feel the most natural, so she goes with that. "I was his childhood friend. We've known him our whole lives." We who, dumbass? Fill in the blanks for her. "My sister and I." Her mouth takes this opportunity to malfunction in some kind of big way. "He's dating her now. A guy he knows said he has feelings for me, then started chasing another girl. But it's okay! We'll always be friends." Nono's face undergoes some kind of wondrous transformation sequence, while Summer realizes in mounting horror that she's said probably more than she ought. "So… you're single.. Leo is dating your sister.. And this jerk that toyed with you, do you mean you are still friends with him? Oh my god, you can't let people do that to you!" Summer is caught very off guard. This feels like a complete reversal of mood. But Nono continues. "Oh oh. Ohhhhhh. Oh. Do you.. I'm sorry, don't answer this, but do you have feelings for Leo?" Summer realizes that she doesn't have to answer. Nono can see the look on her face, and a flash of sympathy washes over her own. "Summer, you're so pretty, and so sweet, and I've always admired you, and now I'm going to help you, I swear." Nono rests her chin on her fist, elbow propped up on the table, and stares right at her. "First, though. Do you like My Little Pony?" What have I gotten myself into? #Cutscene
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is the thread for brainstorming superhero names, if/when Summer becomes active.
I suppose form (name) should really follow function.  She knows what her body is capable of: it's tough, strong, and includes the Link Suit's grappling system. With some enhancements she can fly and project hard-light holograms from any surface. So what's her theme? So does she want to be a tank that can also do some flashy illusion/hard images?  Or is she an illusionist who can punch really hard? Is she open about being a robot? (Probably not.) There are aspirational names -- virtues or ideologies or qualities that the hero seems to promote or idealize or seeks to attain. I guess it depends on what sort of image she wants to project. What does she want people to think of when she shows up, or when she's mentioned? "Oh, that's the chick that drives evil-doers faces into the pavement." "She's got that incredibly flashy move, that's why she has that name." "Oh yeah, the one who works at the soup kitchen."
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Summer is patiently listening to Nono Rodriguez. It's like watching a train effortlessly switch tracks at full speed. She can sustain multiple threads in her mind. She's actually smarter than she wants to admit. Leo does this too. For that matter, so do I. I just try to focus a little more. "Basically, there's a few classes of pony names. Compound names, like Twilight Sparkle or Sunset Shimmer. There's a subclass of these names, like Cheese Sandwich or Upper Crust, that reference common idioms or regular nouns. There's compound names, like Flim and Flam. There's referential names, like Hoofdini..." Nono takes another breath. "So Leo is dating Aria. I mean, you love your sister, you said you sit together in class, right? Okay, so, how close are you two? I mean, if they broke up, he'd probably be attracted to you too, right? Then..." Summer suddenly hears this, and realizes the only place it's going. She slaps her palm down on the table, causing Nono to startle. "I'm not breaking Leo and Aria up. No, never," she says firmly. Nono's face scrunches up, in a combination of disbelief and hurt. "But.. Summer... sweetie... I'm not saying, y'know, that you have to break them up, just that, y'know, if they do , then you.. I mean, that's what you want, right? I want to help you two get together." Further memories come, like hammer blows, and Summer feels her stomach churn. This whole time, she's interpreted her friendship with Jason as requiring her to befriend Alycia. She remembers the confession Jason made to her, and her resolution at the time to help his love life work out. But she also remembers the advice she gave Jason about Alycia: listen to her, learn who she is, and don't project yourself onto her. Nono is doing to me what I was going to do to Alcyia. I don't like it. Alycia won't like it. Oh god. Summer desperately struggles to remember the other track of the conversation - anything to derail Nono from this mad plan of interfering with Leo and Aria's happiness. "Hey, um, you were telling me about... those little sister characters, right? The ones who were in a group together? They didn't know what they wanted?" Nono brightens up. "The Cutie Mark Crusaders! They don't have cutie marks yet, so they get called 'blank flanks', which is kind of a mean thing to say. It means they haven't found their calling in life, so they try all kinds of different things. They have to discover what they're good at to get their cutie marks, and they stick together until they find it..." In Summer's hand, the pencil is already writing on her pad of names. Alycia, I'm so sorry. I'll listen to you. I'll be your friend because that's what you deserve. I won't do it just for Jason's sake, or mine. I'll do it for yours. The first name on the pad that hasn't been scratched out is "Crusader". It has problems. It won't be her final choice. But it's a start.

Edited 1523947378
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: So does she want to be a tank that can also do some flashy illusion/hard images?  Or is she an illusionist who can punch really hard? Is she open about being a robot? (Probably not.) There are aspirational names -- virtues or ideologies or qualities that the hero seems to promote or idealize or seeks to attain. I guess it depends on what sort of image she wants to project. What does she want people to think of when she shows up, or when she's mentioned? "Oh, that's the chick that drives evil-doers faces into the pavement." "She's got that incredibly flashy move, that's why she has that name." "Oh yeah, the one who works at the soup kitchen." RIGHT NOW, she'd think of herself as a tank with extra options. She's modeling her hero career on how Leo's done things. She would keep quiet about her robotic nature, instead probably adopting the pose that she's another human wearing another Link Suit. Aspirational names are kind of where she's going now. She wants to be herself - her light/hope/joy thing - but isn't sure how to express that in heroic terms. She might actually take a Pony-style name.... She may also try a new theme - playing with the holography and doing some new work on the suit to play up an electrical or "lightning" theme, becoming someone like "Blitz". She's more willing to play with new tech than Leo was, and might approach Jason to see if he wants her to prototype any new tech in the field.
Jason would be more than happy to assist (I should think). And he might even be reliable in doing so; he's even maintaining a calendar these days.  So, yeah, Alycia would have been cheesed to discover that Summer was being friendly to her because of Jason. Heck, she might still think that if we ever get that Summer/Alycia conversation in edgewise to the action. The idea of Summer with a cute/Ponyish hero name seems too good to miss. At least until people start laughing at it.

Edited 1523976590
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: Jason would be more than happy to assist (I should think). And he might even be reliable in doing so; he's even maintaining a calendar these days.  So, yeah, Alycia would have been cheesed to discover that Summer was being friendly to her because of Jason. Heck, she might still think that if we ever get that Summer/Alycia conversation in edgewise to the action. The idea of Summer with a cute/Ponyish hero name seems too good to miss. At least until people start laughing at it. Summer continues to want to help Jason, and if one way is to be an early candidate in his superhero-assistance program, to shake out the process on a small scale, she'd do that. That would include emailing him (and saying this thing), and also asking for name suggestions, so go to it! I think starting Summer-Alycia's interaction on the right foot (her realizing she had selfish motives), but with a couple secrets she'd rather not admit to (Jason confessed, and she intended to play matchmaker), feels appropriate. It won't take much for her to fess up. If people laughed, she would put on a brave public face about it for as long as she could.

Edited 1523992319
Summer continues to want to help Jason, and if one way is to be an early candidate in his superhero-assistance program, to shake out the process on a small scale, she'd do that. That would include emailing him (and saying this thing), and also asking for name suggestions, so go to it! TO: <a href="mailto:summer@menagerie.team" rel="nofollow">summer@menagerie.team</a> FROM: <a href="mailto:jason@quillfoundation.org" rel="nofollow">jason@quillfoundation.org</a> RE:&nbsp;I could use some creative help Hey, friends don't have to be a candidate or a program member or something. Jeez. Just ask. Which you did, so hey, there we go.&nbsp; Um, so something that's you, &nbsp;something aspirational, &nbsp;something heroic . And/or, something pony . I was never a brony kind of guy, so bear with me. Light and hope and joy and the warmth of a summer day and the promise it holds for a sunshine and sitting on a porch or playing football or going for a swim in the surf, and long twilights to enjoy outside, and warm nights, and good company, and kindness, and hospitality, and smiles. (I have had some miserable summer days, too -- let me just say Amazon and Sudan and Mumbai. But I assume you are looking for a good name, not a scary one. :-) ) And then thinking about Ponies and let me pull up that list, and, huh, okay, horse puns and cuteness. We should leave out "Summer" as a part of it, if you're going to keep your identity secret (which I never had the option of, of course, but some folk think it's the most important thing and others think it's a PitA). Which is a shame, because "Summer Knight" works well on a number of levels -- a pun, evocative of a feeling, nobility, protectiveness, hitting things hard, shining armor, etc. Of course, now that I think of it, it's probably okay from a security angle -- would anyone really think to look for someone named Summer associated with the secret identity of Summer Knight? And if they found you, they'd still think, "Whoa, that can't be her, it would be too obvious." Maybe. So "sun" works close to that -- Sunshine, Sunlight (which ties into the hard light projectors on that module we put together for you), Sunglass (which kind of does, too). "Warm/warmth" are hard to compound or say easily; the mouth kid of mushes together. "Heat/hot" are good, but kind of aggressive, and while I see you as a defending sort of person, I don't see you as advertising burning stuff (and something like Hothooves has&nbsp; Food and drink stuff -- probably not. Lemonade and Julips just don't sound quite right. "Bright" might fit in with something. Actually, let me look up something. Maybe we can keep it simple. Okay. There is, in fact, a hero named Joy who operates out of Los Angeles, and another one, Joie de Vivre, in Paris. No Happiness, &nbsp;but I don't think it works by itself (and neither "Joyful" nor "Happy" work as part of another name I can think of). But I can't find (believe it or not) an active hero named Hope . (There was a trio in the 1930s, Faith, Hope, and Charity , but they'e been off the scene since 1942, and the name is way open). I mean, you could do worse than just be "Hope" -- and I'm hard pressed to think of a better name for you. Now, if this were something I was doing as part of a formal program, I'd put you in touch with Marketing for a consult. Which I will if you like, and they might actually come up with something better, but I can see you (and the others) rolling your eyes (again), so just consider it an offer. This is also where Legal would want me to put some sort of disclaimer, or voice my copyright on this stuff, but anything I have you can have (or at least borrow) because you're you. I'm going to be back in town end of the week. Work should be done at the residence, so you guys could come over -- we could talk some more then, too. Or any time, between classes and stuff (I'll be back in class later in the week, too). Just let me know.&nbsp; J
I think starting Summer-Alycia's interaction on the right foot (her realizing she had selfish motives), but with a couple secrets she'd rather not admit to (Jason confessed, and she intended to play matchmaker), feels appropriate. It won't take much for her to fess up. Hmmm. Rather than waiting to be paroled, maybe Alycia needs to initiate the conversation. Actually, this current episode might be a trigger for that. Let me ponder it.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Crusader - NOPE do not need someone accusing me of religious insensitivity Cavalier - female knight, also carefree and indifferent. also a spaniel. maaaybe? Chevalier - more specific and knightly, but is that who I am? Griffin - kind of masculine? But there's griffins in MLP. Part lion (Leo), part eagle, when it loses its mate it stays single (...) Zenith - when the sun is highest in the sky Flare - a bright flash. Sounds like "flair", that's too flashy Dawn, Hope - feminine given names, don't sound like code names without some support? Azure - bright blue, a cloudless sky. Would need to recolor armor pieces, though. Chain lightning, forked lightning - Link associations are kind of neat, I'm a fork of Leo as well, and lightning is cool? Dame anything - I'm not a 1940s gangster's moll Sir anything - I'm not a male knight Paladawn - Paladin + Dawn = oh my god that is corny, no way Solace - give comfort to, sounds a little like solar? maybe? Summer stares at her list. Guys have it easy. You can just be Whatever Man and it sounds cool. Or Captain. Captain Hope? Ugh. The other military ranks don't have anything like that. Well, these are a start anyway. She attends to her phone, with the email open, and snaps a picture of her notepad as a reply.
Coming into this late, but I thought I'd share a little on my thoughts here.&nbsp; When I first thought of Summer joining the team, my initial thought for "role" was that of shapeshifter/infiltrator using the hard light shell to take on whatever form was needed at the time.&nbsp; Using her synthmorph sleeve (Newman tech is essentially early Eclipse Phase-style post-humanism, so I'm using those terms mostly for my own familiarity) for her heroic identity didn't really come to mind until Bill brought it up in the first post of this thread (though I seems fairly obvious in hindsight). If going along that line, Zenith, Flare, Dawn, or Photon seem like natural names to use with the light-based theme.&nbsp; Pulling up my Mutants and Masterminds books (It was my first superhero game, so I always go back eventually for inspiration.&nbsp; Hell, Concord is inspired by a hero from one of the third-party books) for other light-based names, we've got&nbsp; Glimmer, Shimmer, Lux, Lumen, and&nbsp;Luminousia.&nbsp; Eh, maybe something?
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: When I first thought of Summer joining the team, my initial thought for "role" was that of shapeshifter/infiltrator using the hard light shell to take on whatever form was needed at the time. That role is definitely on my mind (more here ), but I wanted it to be something that developed through interactions with Charade. She has similar potential growth with other teammates, e.g. her mystical and religious interests (Ghost Girl) and aspects of superheroism (Mercury, Concord). &nbsp; If going along that line, Zenith, Flare, Dawn, or Photon seem like natural names to use with the light-based theme.&nbsp; Pulling up my Mutants and Masterminds books (It was my first superhero game, so I always go back eventually for inspiration.&nbsp; Hell, Concord is inspired by a hero from one of the third-party books) for other light-based names, we've got&nbsp; Glimmer, Shimmer, Lux, Lumen, and&nbsp;Luminousia.&nbsp; Eh, maybe something? All those are promising, either as starting points or as written. Some might not make the cut, but for reasons unrelated to the name itself: Lady Lux - "Lady Luck", but with Light? Lumen, Lumina - Ergh, why not just go right back to Numina? But I did like it... Pneuma - oh my god, Aria would stab me in the face. Glimmer, Shimmer - Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer are both MLP characters. They started as antagonists and became friends. Was I ever an antagonist? Well, Alycia might be a little peeved if I tell her stuff... Glimmer Girl - Ergh, too close to Ghost Girl. Maybe some Glimmer/Shimmer/Glow variant? Imperator Luminosa? - .......... Honey Badger? - been done.
TO: <a href="mailto:summer@menagerie.team" rel="nofollow">summer@menagerie.team</a> FROM: <a href="mailto:jason@quillfoundation.org" rel="nofollow">jason@quillfoundation.org</a> RE: Re: RE: I could use some creative help Okay, looked at the image, maybe this gives me a better idea of what you're aiming for. Crusader - oh, yeah, so wrong for you.&nbsp; Cavalier - you are intentional and meaningful, sort of the opposite of "cavalier" as an adjective. Chevalier - eez vehrry French! Alzo, some guy who sang a song about Thank Heaven for Leetle Girls. Which maybe is appropriate, but, um, no. Griffin - yeah, I usually think of griffins (gryphons, grypphins) as boys. Also, part of one of my favorite books as a kid, FWIW. "When it loses its mate it stays single (...)" ... yeah, I do not like that theme. Zenith - also the name of a 1960s electronics company.&nbsp; Flare - kinda there, but also a distress signal, which doesn't seem right. Dawn, Hope - "don't sound like code names without some support?" I think the person makes the name. I mean, if I do say so myself, "Jason Quill" means something, not because I'm a healer using goose feathers, but because of who I am. (And, yeah, I know, the meaning isn't always good, but ...). So if you choose these, who you are will support it. Except Dawn, because that's for dishes. Azure - great name, except you really don't want to fight Microsoft on tradmarks. (Ditto for "Sunny Outlook," "Excel," and "Clippy") Chain lightning, forked lightning - Chain smoking. Forked tongue. Dame anything - Yeah, feminine modifiers (Dame, Lady, Lass, Girl (!), -elle, -ette) are so 30s-60s.&nbsp; Sir anything - Yeah, that can be skipped.&nbsp; Paladawn - Paladin + Dawn = Not only corny, but sort of like Padawan. Or is that corny to say that? Solace - Not bad, but also kind of hard to align with a hitter, also kind of depressing. Are you sure you want a secret identity? I know, I know, it's easier to tear down these things than come up with good ones. I used to play World of Warcraft (hey, I could sign on from anywhere in the world if I had the bandwidth), and no matter what name I came up with, I had people in my guild giving me grief. I came up with this great elvish magic user named Celedril, and people were all, "That sounds like a poison oak ointment." Discouraging. Keep it up. I truly believe there is the One Right Name for Everyone out there somewhere, y'know? Hey, if none of my ideas floated your boat, and none of the above do either, just keep plugging. I'll try to think of some more. Maybe Quillette (ducks!) ... J
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you sure you want a secret identity? Leo could out himself, because he's 100% authentic biological human. He'll stand up to scrutiny. He can take being examined. Right now... things are more difficult for me there. I'm working at Blintzkrieg to connect with other people and feel welcomed. I cannot tell you what this means to me. I can't give this up.
TO: <a href="mailto:summer@menagerie.team" rel="nofollow">summer@menagerie.team</a> FROM: <a href="mailto:jason@quillfoundation.org" rel="nofollow">jason@quillfoundation.org</a> RE: Re: RE: I could use some creative help Got it. I just ... I guess I just think you're wonderful as you are. So I don't want you to think you have to hide it. Which is pretty crappy for me to say, both because (a) I acted like a dick toward you at one point, and (b) I'm in a privileged situation, so feel free to flip me the virtual finger (please don't). I won't suggest that again.&nbsp; I need to swing by Blintzkrieg next time I get a chance. I was kind of mopey when there last (yes, I know). Do any of the team come by there? Alycia? Just wondering. Looked at those others. "Glimmer" isn't bad -- has the light theme, indicates some level of potential, a hint of some radiance hidden. Konrad Lorenz said (I ran across this doing a paper last semester), "When I consider that our ancestors, at a time fairly recent in relation to the earth’s history, were perfectly ordinary apes, closely related to chimpanzees, I see a glimmer of hope. It does not require very great optimism to assume that from us human beings something better and higher may evolve." So that kind of maybe fits you even better. Heading into (yet another) meeting. Will let you know if I get even better ideas? J
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: I guess I just think you're wonderful as you are. So I don't want you to think you have to hide it. Which is pretty crappy for me to say, both because (a) I acted like a dick toward you at one point, and (b) I'm in a privileged situation, so feel free to flip me the virtual finger (please don't). I won't suggest that again.&nbsp; That is an amazingly sweet thing to say, and a hard admission too. And if one of the kindest, most decent people in my life started out not understanding or not accepting, think about all the people I'll meet who aren't so noble. I have to account for them too. That's another reason to have a secret identity. After the Rook robot incident, I feel I need to get out there, maybe on my own, maybe with a team. Robots aren't just weapons or tools or mindless drones in a swarm. Some of us can be people. I have to prove myself, as both a human being and a robot. You've helped me believe that I can do it. &nbsp; Do any of the team come by there? Alycia? Just wondering. I gave her coupons. I hope she shows up soon. I promise I'm not going to meddle. But, if there's anything you want to say to her, but are having trouble with, ask me and I'll do what I can, okay? Golden Glimmer, Glimmer Girl - basically any "GG" name is still RIGHT OUT, argh, it'd be so neat though :( St. Elmo - the fire is electrical and a good omen? No, too goofy. Darn it. Oh god, Plasma Princess. I heard the story. Leo would Lose. His. Shit. I can't think of anything that sells what I want to be, without it sounding so pretentious. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Glimmer glimmer banana fanna fo fimmer Blurtz Gleeb OH SHIT BREAK OVER
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Summer almost drops the coffee in her hand when she sees Nono approach the counter, holding her stationary pad in one hand. "I saw your name list," the girl explains. Summer is just able to place the coffee cup on the counter, and doesn't even register the customer's gruff gratitude. Nono has more to say. "I um, I'm sorry, you just left it over there on the table, I thought maybe you forgot it, so I wanted to return it, but.. I couldn't help but sneak a peek?" Summer takes hold of the pad, staring at the other girl. Nono is clearly unsure how to process the face Summer is showing. All she can do is keep talking. "Um, I added a few name suggestions of my own. And some cutie marks for each of them. Once you pick a name, um, I can draw the pony for you, or there's art generators online..." Draw the pony? Oh my god. How did this blessing come to me? She's so smart and she didn't guess at all. Summer's face lights up. "That... would be great, Nono. Thank you. And thank you for returning the pad, I did forget." She lightly raps her knuckles against the side of her head in the I'm-a-doofus gesture. Nono waves, hesitantly, but with a bright smile of her own. Then she turns and - well, flees might be appropriate.
TO: <a href="mailto:summer@menagerie.team" rel="nofollow">summer@menagerie.team</a> FROM: <a href="mailto:jason@quillfoundation.org" rel="nofollow">jason@quillfoundation.org</a> RE: Re: [RE] RE: I could use some creative help Yeah, I get it. I hope you only encounter people at last as "kind" and "decent" as me. Though I get the concern I got some weird push-back about the Qdrones which I was not expecting. I mean, it's a completely different tech base and networking schema.&nbsp; Anyway. Secret identity it is. (And if you ever are running from the angry mobs with torches and pitchforks, the QF building will *always* let you in.&nbsp; And that was probably a stupid thing to say ecause that's probably something you're scared about and I understand that but I want the offer out there anyway.) Wasn't asking about Alycia specifically. Well, kinda -- not sure how she's fitting in with the team right now. Things with her are "it's complicated". I haven't heard from her for a few days, though I know she doesn't get to keep her phone overnight, which kinda sucks. I'm hoping she gets a chance to be on own out on "parole" or something sooner rather than later. Maybe she'll come by and have coffee with you then. I would avoid anything with the name "Elmo" in it. Though "Blurtz" is kind of fun. :-) At the moment I'm afraid that's all I got. :-P See you in Home Ec. Kinda glad we're moving onto food. ;-) J

Edited 1524060579
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
[The GM thinks Glimmer sounds like the hint of light in shadowy places, ties in nicely with some of the stealthy, coverty, shape-shifty ideas, and provides a nice contrast if she goes into Tank-mode.]
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
There's a lull in customers. Summer's on the floor by herself, so she still has to take orders if they come in. But she's getting better about not being fully distracted. She reads the list of names, looks at the cutie marks, and smiles fondly. Nono is so sweet. I don't deserve this. This thought sends her back to Jason's last email, and her brows furrow. No, that's no way to think. If I'm about to chew him out for the same thing. Yeah, I get it. I hope you only encounter people at last as "kind" and "decent" as me. "Mister, if you are putting "kind" and "decent" in quotes because you don't believe it's true about yourself, I'm gonna be the angry mob that storms your compound with pitchforks and torches, until you change your tune." And if you don't, I'll... what? Tell Alycia you kissed me? God, she'd shoot us both. I mean, that might actually happen. "I'm thinking about Glimmer. It's a little close to Summer, though. So maybe?" Summer looks over Nono's name list. Well.... this one, or the other. But if a new superhero appears with a name Nono chose, wouldn't that be an obvious tip-off? Would it be so bad if she knew? Nono was even thorough enough to include a few notes: "means light, heat, also happiness or joy. Sounds just like you & fits yr existing ponysona names. Was already used in Season 4 as part of superhero team, but your names have a hero theme going on anyway, it was Rarity's alt name & her element is generosity & that's you to a T. I think you could make it yr own as a new pony." Summer continues the email. "What do you think about Radiance?"
TO: <a href="mailto:summer@menagerie.team" rel="nofollow">summer@menagerie.team</a> FROM: <a href="mailto:jason@quillfoundation.org" rel="nofollow">jason@quillfoundation.org</a> RE: RE: Re: [RE] RE: I could use some creative help Ha you got me sorry... Old habits die hard. I lke Glimmer except that glimmers are small and I don't thnk of you as small. Wait, that didn't come out right. You have a large PRESENCE. Only problem with Glimmer. Radiance fits with the light theme tho kind of radiationy too, but radiance is warm and and clear and (at the right spectra) visible, and thats how you are/should be. If YOU Like it, then go for it!&nbsp;☺ J Typed on my Qphone ... sorry for any typos!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Any further feelings from Mike and GM?
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
[I dig Radiance - it's got a classic teen heroes feel - you'd want to go heavy on the light for light's sake sort of powers, but that's totally cool anyway.]
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Doyce T. said: [I dig Radiance - it's got a classic teen heroes feel - you'd want to go heavy on the light for light's sake sort of powers, but that's totally cool anyway.] This is Leo's aesthetic: Given the choice and tech, this is Summer's:
(Jason's nose suddenly starts bleeding. Weirdest thing ...)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: (Jason's nose suddenly starts bleeding. Weirdest thing ...) Is that before or after the "Charadiance" shipping tag hits Tumblr? (I swear I did not intend that)
Both nostrils! Jeez. Hard to conduct a business meeting with so much nosebleeding!
Based on the image and ideas already presented, I'm immediately reminded of&nbsp; Taskmaster's Hardlight Generator he used to duplicate people's weaponry when he would duplicate others' fighting styles.&nbsp; Hell, given the&nbsp; 2B imagery that's been associated with the Newman sisters, that then makes me think of&nbsp; Lambda 11 from Blazblue .&nbsp; Definitely an interesting route to take for a hero.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: Based on the image and ideas already presented, I'm immediately reminded of&nbsp; Taskmaster's Hardlight Generator he used to duplicate people's weaponry when he would duplicate others' fighting styles.&nbsp; Hell, given the&nbsp; 2B imagery that's been associated with the Newman sisters, that then makes me think of&nbsp; Lambda 11 from Blazblue .&nbsp; Definitely an interesting route to take for a hero. If Jason got a look at some of that Lambda 11 art, we could aim his nose at a water-wheel and harness the jets of blood to generate power. Right now, Summer's conflicts seem to be (a) secrets and (b) self-discovery. To that end, she may go through a period where she's either actively or unconsciously borrowing styles from the heroes around her, and tinkering with her own body and powers to establish something unique. She can't match Concord in power, Mercury in speed, Charade in skill, or Ghost Girl in utility, so she'll try to find some new niche where she belongs. I the player am still trying to figure that out too. :) So while that's going on, yeah, things like holographic equipment and weapons are on the table.
Watching Summer's exploration in this vein is fascinating. I'm honored Jason was one of her first choices to ask (it makes sense, but still ...), and I loved the Nono stuff (esp. the twist at the end). I'll be curious to see how or if she draws in the others.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: Watching Summer's exploration in this vein is fascinating. I'm honored Jason was one of her first choices to ask (it makes sense, but still ...), and I loved the Nono stuff (esp. the twist at the end). I'll be curious to see how or if she draws in the others. I'd already intended for her to have Jason as her support NPC on the supers side (he'd already announced plans to do something like this, his tech may need a workout in the field, she enjoys interacting with him, etc.). On the mundane side, I'd like to make Nono into her first secret keeper, and expand into the rest of the Ponies that way. The fact that Nono has written Jason fanfiction will just make their eventual interactions all the more fascinating to watch...? I'm hoping to share the Ponies as supporting cast with Charlotte as well (it gives the two of them shared stakes if anything happens in Ponyville).
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Apropos of girl/lass/whatever names, I would make one exception: a lady with duplication powers called Mo' Lasses.
That's a name that will stick.&nbsp;
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
And there we are.&nbsp;<a href="http://wiki.menagerie.team/Radiance" rel="nofollow">http://wiki.menagerie.team/Radiance</a>

Edited 1526453415
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
#SummerComic
+1
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks great.