Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Managing maps/Page toolbar

Is there A way to manage the maps so they are not all on the Page toolbar? until now as I have been running one-shots with only a couple of pages so have had all maps on the Page Toolbar, but am now working on a grander campaign, so wondering on the best way to manage 100s of maps without bloating the page toolbar.   
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello, I use the archive to keep it simple :p
Pantoufle said: Hello, I use the archive to keep it simple :p Clearly I know how to do that, but lets say someone who didn't know how to use the archive......how would that work :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's two levels of drilling down from the wiki home page, so it's not immediately apparent (especially if you don't know it exists). But  here are the instructions.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Archiving pages does not let them retain any specific order you might have set them up so make sure the page names reflect the order you want or the specific location you have in mind for that page. It will help you out in the long run to have notes handy about what page is what if you are going to use the archives.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can also give yourself more room in the page toolbar if you are familiar with the Stylish extension. The following code will give you two rows of pages. Actually, you can give yourself an extra row for every multiple of 135 you add to the "270". #page-toolbar {     height: 270px; } #page-toolbar .container {     height: 270px;     white-space: normal } #page-toolbar .height {     height: 270px!important }

Edited 1525807485
MyRoll20Stuffs
API Scripter
I've always had trouble with Stylish where I go on their site, click Install and the button says "Style Installed" but then when I open the widget from the button in the top right of Chrome is says "0 Styles Installed" and I can't access the style I just created / installed. EDIT: When I refresh my Stylish Style I created it gives me the option to Install again. It never sticks when I click install always resets. I've taken to opening the Chrome Developer tools and pasting the style into the page that way.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kastion said: I've taken to opening the Chrome Developer tools and pasting the style into the page that way. Is that persistent between sessions?
Completely unformiler with the Stylish extension :)  Is there a way to have maps in the journal so i can folder for each region of my campain.....though I guess that would remove all tokens (and using token packs to help make my maps a little more emersive)   
keithcurtis said: Kastion said: I've taken to opening the Chrome Developer tools and pasting the style into the page that way. Is that persistent between sessions? Not that I'm aware of. But I'm the type to keep my browser (and game) open 24/7 and in the odd event that I close and re-open my browser due to a reboot or something, I've stored away the style code you provided in a text file saved in my D&D folder for future use. It only takes a few seconds to add it to the page and it works wonders for a campaign like mine that has a crazy number of pages.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Page Folders is a long-requested feature. [1] [2] [3]  [4] [5] [6] You can add your vote to one of these threads (there are more, but  THIS ONE seems to have the most votes), but I wouldn't hold my breath that anything will change soon. For whatever reason, this is either low-priority, a difficult change, or... something else.