Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What method do I use for community review and opinions?

Darren
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm working on a new HeroSystem 6e character sheet.  What is the method for making development versions available for review?  Do I submit them to the Character Repository under a version 0 or beta?  The structure of the character sheet is done and I'd like suggestions and comments before moving on to the sheet worker scripts.

Edited 1525788496
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'd recommend releasing it to pro users as a custom sheet. Get feedback from them and then once the sheet is feature complete and reasonably stable release it to the repo. At least that's how I went about it.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I created a game for my sheet then posted about it being a sheet creation board along with stating there is no game being ran just reviewing the sheet and feedback. I also installed the welcome package API script so everyone got a sheet as soon as they came in then when I had a chance, I would bump people to co-gm so they could look it over as a GM also.
Darren
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How do you release it to pro users as a custom sheet?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You post the code to GitHub, and then pro users can copy paste it into their games. This is the  repo I set up for the starfinder hud
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Posting the sheet on github/gist is the best method. But if you want more control, you can set up a new game using the sheet, add a script like the one Pat mentioned to automatically create a sheet for players when they join, and simply post the join code. If you do this, it's a good idea to set up some sample characters and make them controlled by all players, so that people can try out sheet features without having to make a character first. Both methods are good: the first lets you get feedback from Pro users who might also be able to make code suggestions, and the second allows non-Pro users to test it out and see how it works.