Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Rotate token HOTKEY?

Is there any way to create a hotkey for faster token rotating? For instance: CTRL[ for turn left 45 degrees and CTRL] for turn right 45degrees. I am introducing Dawn Patrol into Roll20 and there is a lot of, "move forward+ turn, move forward+turn, etc..." Having a hotkey to rotate the token instead of trying to hit the little blue box every time you need to turn the token would be quite convenient. Is this able to be done as a macro, would this need to be a script, or could this possibly be a system enhancement built into Roll20? Lastly, do you need to be at Supporter level or higher in order to create scripts? Thank you in advance for your response!

Edited 1392147128
Gauss
Forum Champion
The hotkey for this is E+mousewheel for 45degree changes with Alt+E+mousewheel being for 1 degree changes. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Rugged:Manipulating_Graphics" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Rugged:Manipulating_Graphics</a>
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
You need to be Mentor level to use scripts. This is something easily added to a script. But there is one problem with the way roll20 rotates. It rotates around the centre. Most wargames (I was working on Carwars) need to rotate from a corner. Don't know about Dawn Patrol. I had a script I was working on for Car Wars and had the rotating half working, but then I got busy on other things. Somewhere I've got the math slightly wrong and things weren't working quite right. I wish they would add the ability to rotate on corners, midpoints, etc. Then I 'd have Carwars and Man O War in Roll20 for sure!
@Gauss: Thank you for that info! I know I have a mouse around here somewhere that I can hook up to this laptop, lol. @ Konrad: Ah, good old Car Wars, I loved that game! I had a whole binder full of homemade cars for particular situations hehe. Yeah Dawn Patrol rotates from the center, so the mousewheel should be good. But I do know what you are talking about. I hope you got that figured out! Thanks again!