Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Duplicate-and-modify compendium monster

I want to make variants on compendium monsters.  For example, a goblin (in the compendium armed with a scimitar) armed with a club (which does different damage type/amount).  I was thinking I should: 1 drag out a goblin from the compendium, so an NPC character named "Goblin" appears in my journal 2 open Goblin, click Edit 3 Click Duplicate 4 Find the duplicate, modify its attacks to remove scimitar and add club. However, clicking Duplicate appears to cause nothing to happen.  Repeatedly.  Are compendium entries not duplicate-able, and if not (??) how can I reach the goal without retyping in all the goblin stats (or whatever) every time I want a simple variant? Thanks!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Duplicates always appear at the bottom in the root of your journal structure. Check down there or, if all else fails, search your journals for 'copy of' which is added as a prefix to all duplicated journals.
Huzzah - and thanks.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You are most welcome, happy rolling :)