Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I dump the chat log?

When I first started I did a lot of testing trying to figure stuff out. Is it possible to dump the existing chat log on a campaign to clear it out?
Gauss
Forum Champion
No but there is a workaround. You can copy the campaign and deselect things you do not want to bring with you such as the old chat log.  To do this go to your Campaign Details page and select Copy/Extend Campaign. Then deselect the Chat Log followed by Creating the Campaign.  Everything but the chat log will be kept.  - Gauss
Thanks for the help. Will I have to reinvite the players?
Gauss
Forum Champion
You should not need to re-invite them. They will see the new campaign in their list of campaigns. The campaign details page will be different so they will need to get to the new campaign details page the 'slow' way the first time (ie. no favorite webpage). - Gauss
Thank you again for the help. And again I am impressed by the tool. PS: Is there a push to talk option for the voip?
Gauss
Forum Champion
I am afraid there is no push to talk option for voip. But, you can always mute your mic.  - Gauss
This topic seems to be hinting at a question I have: Is there a way to duplicate or save my campaign? Duplicate page seems to only duplicate my page settings not the map/tokens/gm images I've applied.  I'd like to have a copy of all my maps before we play.  In case I want to make adjustments for future runs with alternate players.  It looks like the best way to do this is copying the whole campaign.  But if there's a way to save a page, duplicate it and try alternate setups within the same campaign I would like to know how.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Unfortunately duplicate page only duplicates the settings etc. My suggestion: 1) Click Duplicate Page 2) On the original page go to the layer you want to copy. Hit Ctrl+A.  3) Go to the new page and hit Ctrl+V, you will need to adjust the placement of things but you should be able to do it as a group. 4) Repeat for the other layers.  I hope that helps.  - Gauss
I was just about to try that, hoping the tokens land in the right spot, can you "group move" all the tokens on a page?
I stumbled across Fog of War and dynamic lighting. Holy smokes is that awesome feature.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, you can group move all the tokens. :) - Gauss