Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Creating Map Copies in Purchased Modules

Edited 1535140176
First off, if I've got this posted to the wrong forum, I apologize! I'm running a Hoard of the Dragon Queen game.  I've purchased the module, and I'd like to make copies of the extra battle maps at the end of the maps list.  However, when I attempt to duplicate a map I only get a blank map with the same properties as the one I'm trying to duplicate.  The background map image (forest scene, town streets, etc.) doesn't carry over to the newly created duplicate.  Has anyone encountered this before, or know of a way to make it cooperate?  Thanks!
"Copy Map" doesn't actually copy the map. Go figure. What you need to do is, as a Pro user, make use of the Transmogrifier. Create a second game, don't bother putting anything into it. Under settings, find the Transmogrifier tool. Transfer the map(s) from your current game to the new game. When you need the pristine copies, just delete the used ones and replace them with copies of the original.
Thanks for the input!  That seems like a really complicated solution to a problem that shouldn't really be a problem.  I'll give it a whirl.  Thanks again!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is an API script that purports to be able to duplicate everything on a given map. I've never used it, so can't vouch for it, but here is a link .
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The API script can only copy graphics that are in user libraries, so it won't work for Module contents. You can use Phnord's method and go one step further.  If you have the second game with the pristine copies in it, you can rename the map in the current game, then pull in and rename a new one whenever you need them.  There is a small caveat to doing this: The ids will not be unique on any of the assets on the pulled in pages.  This isn't usually an issue, but if you use a lot of scripts that deal with token ids, you'll start to have some issues.  Deleting modified versions and pulling in fresh copies does not have this problem.