Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Changing in sheet in chat rolls to use the default template

Edited 1536461274
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
My first posting of this vanished somehow.  Attempt 2! I have been messing with the Palladium Megaverse character sheet to make it more convenient for the 1st Ed Fantasy game.  Just today I had the bright idea of trying to edit the formulas the sheet uses to cut down on the amount of macros that need to be written for each character.  Then I wondered if I could get the sheet to use the default template for rolls since it doesn't have a custom template (and I'm not ready to attempt making one).  It worked!  Well, for all the combat stuff. Skills are percentage based, and the sheet is rolling 1d100 against the skill.  It displays the skill target percentage, the roll, and then indicates a success or failure.  I've tried to convert this into the default template, but haven't succeeded.  Probably because I don't really understand what the sheet is doing, since it seems more complicated than the simple combat rolls. The line of code: <td><div class="sheet-ability"><button type="roll" value="@{character_name}'s @{skill_name} check:
/roll d100<@{skill_rating}"></button></div></td> The chat output: Is there a way to get this to work in the default template, or should I just leave well enough alone?  After all, it does work...  I just thought if I could get the template working on everything, I could try that trick of using an image in the default template header to make the different rolls look different.

Edited 1536467747
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How do you want the output organised? You could try changing value="@{character_name}'s @{skill_name} check:
/roll d100<@{skill_rating}" to value="&{template:Default} {{name=@{character_name}'s @{skill_name} check}} {{Roll=[[d100]]}} {{Skill=@{skill_rating}}}" The problem is by breaking up the roll and result, you wont get whether it's a success or failure. Alternatively you could use value="&{template:Default} {{name=@{character_name}'s @{skill_name} check}} {[Skill=@{skill_rating}} {{Result=[[d100<@{skill_rating}]]}}" but then you don't see the roll, though you can hover over the result to see the roll.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm, I'll have to try them both and see what they look like.  And thanks, I probably could have gotten something like your first example on my own if I wasn't so fixated on trying to duplicate the original.  I'll give it a go tomorrow after I've slept. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Just in case someone else is trying this and happens across this thread.  The {template:Default} in the examples above need to be changed to {template:default}.  Took me a little bit to figure out why I was getting no output.  I guess sleep didn't help me as much as I had hoped!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oops, sorry about that!