Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for a How To for Player Ribbon Movement APIs

Edited 1540585337
Could someone give me a step by step guide to implementing MovePlayers or Page Navigation (which ever is the simpler to us) ?  I am really struggling.

Edited 1540611462
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Dungeon Master, I'm the author of Page Navigator. I can't help you with the mapChange script, but here's how to set up Page Navigator as well as what features are currently working and which were broken by the text editor update: The Config Menu The first section lets you control what your players can do. Can they move everyone? Just themselves? Just those that are currently in the party? All of these are possibilities, although they will never be able to split someone else off from the party. The second section is the folder view. Here you can see what folder tags you have on your pages and what access allowance each is set to (white GM only, green players). I’m not going to explain the sections further down as they are all for functionality that does not currently work until I get time to handle the html code that is now returned with the bio/info object. Tagging a page Page Navigator assumes that all pages are GM accessible only by default. In addition you can tag pages to add them to a page folder by adding [folder Name] at the end of the page name. When first installed, Page Navigator only has two folders; All and Players, and only the All folder has any pages in it as all pages are always contained in the all folder, while the Players folder is player accessible default. Moving players (What you actually asked about) To move a player(s), or the party, you’ll use the --move command, which looks like this (for moving the party to the Numeria page shown above): !nav --move,page=Numeria|whole The page name should be the name of the page minus any tags that the page has on it, or the keyword “return” which will return the indicated person(s) to the player ribbon. The bit of command after the bar (e.g. |) specifies who to move. The options are whole (move all players) or current (move only the player ribbon) or a character id to move all players with control of that player. While I was testing this to make sure that my instructions were going to work as intended I discovered that the character specific movement is not currently working. I’ll add that to my to do list. Additionally, this command actually has some additional syntax for features that are awaiting a fix for the text editor changes, so I haven’t detailed them here. So, there you have the details. I’ll try to get the player specific movement error fixed in the next week or two. Let me know if you have any questions. EDIT: I know it seems like I put a lot of extraneous information in, but the folder/tag structure is important if you want to give your players the ability to move themselves.
Thank you very much. That was very helpful.