Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

Net Libram of Random Magical Effects Script?

Edited 1540649531
In my D&D 5e game I’m running I have a player who just multiclassed into wild magic sorcerer. I love the Net Libram or Random Magical Effects and was looking to see if there was a script for it for the API. In my search I came across  this thread  that the poster made one such script, but the GitHub link goes to a 404. Anyone out there have this script that can share it? Thanks! Edit: Alternatively, could someone explain to an idiot like myself how to somehow make a rollable table or something like that from an Excel sheet of the table? I found some hero that turned all 10,000 effects into an Excel sheet and have the roll20 browser addon that adds in import buttons, converted the sheet to a json file and tried to import it but it just makes an empty table.

Edited 1540660623
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Use  the  Aaron's table import script . I have a google sheet  that transforms a list into the necessary code. The spreadsheet is to be found here . Make a local copy, duplicate pages as you need more tables and go to town. Just copy the code parsed into the last column and use that with the script. There are two sheets in it already for examples. One is a list of the trinkets from the Elemental Evil companion, the other is a list of items to be found at random in a giant's bag. Both of these are from publicly available documents released by Wizards of the Coast.
You are a gentleman and a scholar Keith! This worked perfectly, and while the site locked up for awhile while it was importing the 10,000 item table, it's all good to go! Thank you so much!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Aaron deserves the lion's share of credit, but you're welcome. :)