Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Roll Template Not Posting

Hey gang, I've been toying with custom roll template and well I am no supreme coder, so I am most likely doing something simple very wrong. I slapped it together, save it to my sheet, added the macro, but when I test it in a live environment it doesn't post anything. Its rolling the dice, the 3d dice are doing their thing but no post in the chat. <rolltemplate class='sheet-rolltemplate-zarp'> <div class='sheet-plate-container'> <table class='sheet-template1'> <caption>Ability Save </caption> <tr><td>{{Aname}} - {{Aroll}}</td></tr> </table> </div> </rolltemplate> table.sheet-template1 { width: 25%; border: 1px solid; background-color: #ccc2a6; border-top: ; text-align: center; } table.sheet-template1 caption { background-color: #48332F; padding: 3px; color: #AA9681; text-align: center; } &{template:zarp} {{Aname=Strength Save}} {{Aroll=[[1d20+@{strmod}]]}}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Your css uses template1 instead of the rolltemplate name. Change  table.sheet-template1 to .sheet-rolltemplate-zarp table or table.sheet-rolltemplate-zarp (not sure which, from memory)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Additionally, roll templates require the use of double quotes instead of single: <rolltemplate class="sheet-rolltemplate-zarp"> This is in addition to GiGs suggestion (the first version is the proper way).
Scott C. said: Additionally, roll templates require the use of double quotes instead of single: <rolltemplate class="sheet-rolltemplate-zarp"> This is in addition to GiGs suggestion (the first version is the proper way). Just as I said... something so simple had my twisting my finger out of their sockets. Thank you guys so much <3
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott C. said: Additionally, roll templates require the use of double quotes instead of single: <rolltemplate class="sheet-rolltemplate-zarp"> This is in addition to GiGs suggestion (the first version is the proper way). I had no idea that single quote vs double quote ever made a difference in html or css. Are there other situations where that matters?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Charmancer tags once that ability goes public.