Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can a GM page of a character sheet set Global options?

If a GM page was made within an existing character sheet, could options be placed there that can effect all sheets of the campaign if set by the GM? For example if you had optional Macros or values for default settings for an attribute, could these be set on the GM page, under  a tab, that would affect all other sheets in the campaign? If so, could it also be set to function only for a GM? OR can these GM settings, for said options, be set in the Global Options of the campaign?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unfortunately no. Some character sheets do have global settings, you can set in the campaign's Settings page (outside the campaign). You can only set the ones the sheet is set up to support though.

Edited 1552785317
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
GiGs said: Unfortunately no. Some character sheets do have global settings, you can set in the campaign's Settings page (outside the campaign). You can only set the ones the sheet is set up to support though. GiGis is that on the Game Setting page for the campaign?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's correct. Go to the Campaign page under My Games, with the pink Launch button. In the dropdown menu at right, pick Game settings. On that page, scroll down, and if your campaign supports options, they'll be there. For example, here's what you see if you scroll down that page on the 5e by roll20 sheet: There's a bunch more settings if you continue scrolling down. Most character sheets probably don't have settings like these, the sheet has to be written to support them.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks GiGis Is there a Wiki or a page that last example son how to do this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This should help explain the Game Settings Page .

Edited 1552811047
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ot shows the D&D setting but does not explain how that is done from the character sheet. I will keep looking.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Found the Default Sheet Settings here.
Thank you all for the information and the leads.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm glad you found it, Mike. Sorry I couldnt get back to your earlier.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
No problem, thank you.