Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ammo Tracking Problem

JJhound
Pro
Marketplace Creator
 I am using the API, and all my PCs that use ranged weapons have ammo tracking. It works fine for all the characters except for 1. This one character, no matter what I try, wont ammo track.  All the boxes are checked, Ammo tracking is on, it works for everyone else, !5estatus says its on, the name of the ammo and the resource in the weapon are typed correctly. Her character tracked ammo fine in the last session, and nothing has changed since then, but now it wont track ammo. I have disabled the script and reenabled it, and again it works for all other PCs except her. I have deleted the bow and arrows, and readded them, still nothing. I don't know what else to do, and I've been hunting around for solutions, but haven't found any. 
JJhound
Pro
Marketplace Creator
AHHH! I SOLVED IT! I've been searching through so many threads and I couldn't find the answer, so I am posting this here, hoping that others that have this problem can see it.  I rolled an attack for the problem character and hit the up arrow in chat so I could see the output. Then I did the same thing for a character who's attack was actually tracking ammo.  When I compared the 2, I found that the problem character had a space after her name (it will be bolded below) and that was causing the issue! IT is a really really dumb problem. So the FIX   is to go to the character sheet name and make sure there is no space after the name... GAH IT TOOK SO LONG TO FIGURE THAT OUT! Code Comparison (Maeve was the problem character, Boris worked) *Okay so the bold isn't obvious, but last line {{globalattack=@Maeve... there is a space after her name that caused the issue. Look at Boris's code, same line, no space. So adding a space after the character's name breaks ammo tracking!!!  @{Maeve |wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+7}} {{rname=[Longbow](~-LaMBiaqyW8Uw3gKEUkZ|repeating_attack_-LaMPT2G-CHY31t8jCuU_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[Longbow](~-LaMBiaqyW8Uw3gKEUkZ|repeating_attack_-LaMPT2G-CHY31t8jCuU_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[@{Maeve |d20}cs>20 + 4[DEX] + 3[PROF]]]}} @{Maeve |rtype}cs>20 + 4[DEX] + 3[PROF]]]}} {{range=150/600}} {{desc=}} {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{ Maeve |glo bal_attack_mod}}} ammo=Arrows @{Maeve|charname_output} @{Boris|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+9}} {{rname=[Heavy Crossbow](~-LaH_VBh7QpHdSHkTjMp|repeating_attack_-LaBqAFHZYCMC7C7lKjZ_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[Heavy Crossbow](~-LaH_VBh7QpHdSHkTjMp|repeating_attack_-LaBqAFHZYCMC7C7lKjZ_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[@{Boris|d20}cs>20 + 4[DEX] + 2[MOD] + 3[PROF]]]}} @{Boris|rtype}cs>20 + 4[DEX] + 2[MOD] + 3[PROF]]]}} {{range=400ft}} {{desc=Ignores less than total cover}} {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Boris|global_attack_mod}}} ammo=Crossbow bolts|-LaCxaQaOg1xt7MxHfne @{Boris|charname_output}
Hi JJhound!  Thank you for updating us and I'm happy to hear you were able to resolve this.  I'll be closing your thread now.