Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for replacement player for Sundays, 5pst 5th edition DND. Tips are welcome but not required.

Greetings, and welcome to the country of Liasia on the planet Taraborn. I am inviting a limited amount of players to explore my new world. I am currently looking for ONE replacement player for an ongoing, long term campaign. We have been playing since the start of January, and are currently level 9. Experienced players are preferred.&nbsp; Players have been around since the start of the campaign, unfortunately one member had to leave due to a change in jobs. The group of players is very friendly and welcoming, and we have been having fun together and want to continue the fun. I build my maps and dungeons from packs I buy from roll20, and they are all custom, using dynamic lighting. I sometimes used animated maps or weather effects, but roll20 is still a bit buggy with them. I have ALL core books and more at my disposal and the disposal of players (players handbook, xanathars, mordenkeinens etc) so character creation and leveling is fast and easy.&nbsp; I have spent HUNDREDS of hours on this campaign world, and campaign. If you are looking for a long term campaign, with a DM that spends time and effort, and a campaign that RARELY cancels sessions (Only if more than two players are missing will I cancel, thats happened maybe 3-4 times in the past year).&nbsp; If you miss too many sessions, too often, I will have to replace you for the sake of the other players. Campaign Information Time and Day: Sundays at 5pst till 9+pst. Usually we end at 9, sometimes we end up to 30 minutes to an hour after 9 if everyone can stay, usually to finish an encounter. Players will start at Level Nine. All core books are allowed.&nbsp; If you decide to make a monstrous character, the world will treat you like a monster.&nbsp; No problem players. If you want to be disruptive, I will remove you from the game. If you want to play an evil character that's perfectly fine. However the party is allowed to remove your character if they disagree with the actions you take.&nbsp; Combat/roleplay/exploration percentages are decided primarily by players choices. This is an open world game, you decide how you want to play. That said, there will be heavy combat. I am an old school DM and I enjoy creating dungeons or other multi-session areas for players to explore and fight. RP however is important as well and there will be sessions with no combat, NPCs, ability to purchase, and build fortresses/lands, etc. Leveling is done via experience points. Points can and will be awarded for RP if the night is more RP intensive. There are homebrew rules!&nbsp; 1. The lucky feat is not allowed 2. Weapons. Village forged weapons are -1 to hit and damage, but are far cheaper. Metal armor is -1 ac. Castle forged (found in larger down and cities with weaponsmiths and armorsmiths)are normal in stats. Master Crafted are +1 non magical, and only found in the largest cities by the most talented craftspeople. 3. Coin. 20 copper hobs = 1 silver moon. 10 moons = one gold lion. 5 gold lions = one platinum dragon. Electrum is found in other countries, or in ancient Crypts and is worth five silver moons in cities, but is not found commonly in circulation. 4. Players start with one extra feat from a list I provide to choose from. 5. If you die there are severe consequences. Revivify counts as CPR in my eyes, and has no negatives. Longer than that, and players will receive a permanent -1 penalty to their constitution from the shock and stress to the body. 6. Drinking a potion is a bonus action. Feeding a potion to someone is a full action. 7. FOr level up hit points, players roll the dice. If below the average, players may take the average.&nbsp; 8.Surprise rounds are a thing. 9.Spears do 1d8 damage one handed, 1d10 two handed. Sling stones do 1d4 damage, bullets do 1d6. 10. Players start with 10 items they pick from a list I provide, plus a small amount of coin. 11. Lightning bolt can rebound off walls.&nbsp; 12.&nbsp; Weapons or forms that make no sense to do subdual/non lethal damage will still count as deadl. IE, morning star, spider bites, teeth, chainsaw, etc. 13.&nbsp;Critical hits do maximum original dice damage. That way crits can't be less than a regular hit if your dice roll sucks. Makes crits a bit more impactful and fun. However, monsters get the same benefit Rules subject to change or addition, for pleasure of group or d m. Rules may change if something comes up mid game, per DM. As a DM we don't know every situation that can happen, but I will always try to be fair. Player Requirements 21+ or older please. There will be adult content and situations within this game. Consider this a hard R rating. Must be able to attend at least 80% of the sessions. If two players are missing, the game will be cancelled. This is something that I wish to avoid. I have and will replace players who miss too much. Players must be mature. If I say something happens, and you disagree, shoot me a tell after the game to discuss it. In the middle of a session where I am balancing 300 things is not the proper time to have a debate. Players must be able to play well with others. If there is conflict between players, It disrupts the game. Be ready to play. In this I mean know your character, learn the spells you can cast and know what they can do. When it's your turn in combat, you should already have been deciding what you are going to do while the other players had their turn. Waiting five minutes while you hem and haw ruins the immersion. Leave your bad mood behind! We are all here to have fun. RL stuff is always a drag, but thats why we play dnd! Players must have discord and a working computer If you have a problem come talk to me after the game. Don't ruin the game by starting a fight. Its a game. its supposed to be fun. DM's are human, we make mistakes. Sometimes we will just make a ruling you won't agree with. Be a sport, state your case, and if I still rule against you, accept it and move on. its nothing personal, but as DM I have to try to maintain the integrity of my game. Applicants 1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?&nbsp; 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? 3. What class/race do you wish to play?&nbsp; 4. How old are you&nbsp; 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? 6. Have you played this edition? If so how much experience? 7. Do you know how to use roll20?&nbsp; 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Tipping This game encourages tipping the Game Master per request for DM's subscription or donations of material, when needed. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.&nbsp; I do not require players to tip every week, or even every month. Im not looking to make money off the game. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/141179/tales-of-taraborn" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/141179/tales-of-taraborn</a>
Without a Doubt one of the best DMs ive ever had. When i first joined i was worried about the homebrew changes but the dm and party have been so patient and have molded me into a lot better of a DND Player. The games been so much fun that I dare not miss a session Im addicted to the world and adventure that my DM has made. Every week its nuts and exciting You people need to see it get in here!!!
So far this campaign has been an absolute blast and everyone has been really great to play with. The story is engaging, the combat is difficult and fun, there are consequences and ripple effects to all the actions taken in this world. Dragons, check. Gnarly ass face eating hags, check. White whales and rival adventuring parties, check. If you wanna play some top tier DND this is where it's at.

Edited 1568349121
1. Yes, I make it every week 2.Perfectly, I've been in a good chunk of R campaigns 3. Human Barbarian, or Kolbold Astral Monk, I have an array of characters but these 2 are the most developed 4. 21 5. I've been playing for 5 years at least 6. I've played 5e for 5 years 7. I've been on roll20 for 2 years now, I know most things about it 8. Yes My Discord tag is Kambion501#7414

Edited 1568374060
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?&nbsp; My sunday afternoons are always free, so I will be able to make all meetings.&nbsp; 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Yes.&nbsp; 3. What class/race do you wish to play?&nbsp; Not set on anything, I've played different classes and races, but I would like to play a half-elf bard, as I've never played a bard before and they seem cool.&nbsp; 4. How old are you? 22 year old male.&nbsp; 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? Yes. 6. Have you played this edition? If so how much experience? All the DnD I have played has been with 5th edition. 7. Do you know how to use roll20?&nbsp; I sure do.&nbsp; 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yep.&nbsp; DylanJoeHarrison #2721

Edited 1568491047
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings? I can make all of the meetings 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? I have no problem with mature content and jokes. 3. What class/race do you wish to play?&nbsp; Either pure spellcaster ( sorc, wizard, bard) or a gish rogue spellcaster 4. How old are you&nbsp; I am 27 years old 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? I have been playing dnd on and off since 3e 6. Have you played this edition? If so how much experience? I have played in about 3 long campaigns that lasted between 6 months and 1 year in this particular edition. 7. Do you know how to use roll20? I have exclusively played 5e on roll20 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yup and I intend to make good use of it. discord ign kaelor#5821
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?&nbsp; The time for this campaign is a perfectly open slot for me, so I should be able to make it to all sessions without any issue. 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? That's fine with me.&nbsp; 3. What class/race do you wish to play?&nbsp; I honestly have too many character ideas on the go at once, but my current two favorite ideas are a Half-Elf wild Sorcerer and a Dwarf Cavalier Fighter. Open to playing mostly anything though, I like to pick a character that compliments the character dynamics of the party. 4. How old are you&nbsp; 22 Years old 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? I have, though not for an incredibly long amount of time. ~4 months experience. I'm familiar with all game mechanics and am very apt at knowing what when my characters can and can't do things. 6. Have you played this edition? If so how much experience? I've only played 5e, same amount of experience 7. Do you know how to use roll20?&nbsp; I do not, this would be my first online group. I'm more than willing to learn though and can likely be ready to go with it as early as tomorrow 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yes and yes, I've got a blue yeti so sound quality won't be an issue. Discord tag: wrocksum#5519
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?&nbsp; Sundays are open for me, and I don't think there's anything that may change that 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? I think I'll be fine with an R rating 3. What class/race do you wish to play? &nbsp; I honestly couldn't say without having some information about the setting, the party, and if you allow any UA material or not. I'd like to make a character that brings something to the table not already covered by the group, whether that be a combat role or out of combat abilities. 4. How old are you&nbsp; 27 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? I've been playing 5E for the last three years, and DMing it for two. I started out in tabletop playing pathfinder about 5 years ago with some friends, along with a handful of other systems that are less like D&amp;D. 6. Have you played this edition? If so how much experience? As I said above, playing for three, DMing one-shots once or twice a month for the last two years, because of friends' availability. 7. Do you know how to use roll20?&nbsp; Absolutely, yes. 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Microphone works great, my discord is Toadtempole#8700
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings? &nbsp;Yes I can 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Absolutely&nbsp; 3. What class/race do you wish to play? Tabaxi Ranger, Gnome necromancer or dragon born paladin, all depends on current group make up 4. How old are you &nbsp;33 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? Yes have been playing since I was a kid 6. Have you played this edition? If so how much experience? Have roughly 6 months of 5e experience&nbsp; 7. Do you know how to use roll20? I have not, been using fantasy grounds but will know how to use it by game play 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yes and yes. Discord is Engorgio#3594

Edited 1568520859
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?&nbsp; Yes, normally I am available in the evenings unless work has me scheduled. (Although I am unavailable tomorrow for unrelated reasons) 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Yes, I can handle that easily enough. 3. What class/race do you wish to play?&nbsp; Human Sorcerer, or alternatively a halfling monk. 4. How old are you&nbsp; 20. 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? Yes. 6. Have you played this edition? If so how much experience? I have DMed for half a year, but only ever played three sessions. 7. Do you know how to use roll20?&nbsp; Yes. 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yes and Yes. Discord Redwall#1048

Edited 1568546801
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?&nbsp; Yes, Sunday nights are perfect for me. 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Sure, we're all adults here 3. What class/race do you wish to play?&nbsp; Depending on the groups current make up either a dragonborn monk or a cleric (I havent considered a race for the cleric, most likely human or maybe a dwarf) 4. How old are you&nbsp; 35 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? Yes 6. Have you played this edition? If so how much experience? Yes, only a few months, currently dming a starter kit campaign and a totally homebrew zombie apocalypse campaign. 7. Do you know how to use roll20?&nbsp; Yes 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yes cujo826#2317
yes i can make the games, i cannot currently think of time where ive been busy on a sunday.&nbsp; r content is fine i am 24 years old aswell.&nbsp; class ill play will either be a tabaxi wild magic sorcerer or a dragonborn barbarian.&nbsp; been playing for about 2 years now, decent amount of west marches experience and a few "long term" campaigns that ended because rather than being weekly they turned into being monthly or more. the majority of the games ive played have been using roll20 so i have decent experience with it. and finally my discord is: Asirooo#7320