Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Icon Options for 3 Bubbles

Not sure what they are officially called, but the 3 bubbles we get now above the tokens are alien to me.  A heart, a red zigzag and a blue thing. I like their use and visualization, but not the icons. I know roll20 is game neutral, so I am suggesting this. As a GM, allow me the option to select 1 of (8?)  pre-selected icons for each of the three bubbles in settings. They do not even need to be 8 for each, you can share the same 8. For example: Heart, Red ZigZag, Blue Thingy, Gray Shield, (sword, star, something to symbolize attack) and so on. This allows the GM to set them up for his/her needs with "hopefully"  an icon that can relate. I'd love to see a red heart, gray shield and (?) for my D&D needs. but maybe the blue thing and red line suit a different game.  Who knows what default tokens  can be used.
+1. More customization is always good. How about more bubbles too!
Agreed on both fronts. In the game I campaigned players used one bar to track their abilities like bardic performances that they can only use so many a day, and I used another to track their special game points they've used.... Then I joined a game that uses one of the bubbles as a reference for character AC and I'm like that's cool and smart, but it might be nice to maybe have one box that could track my spell buff duration or something. Having that as an option would be cool.
+1 but mainly for more bubbles three is fine but 5 would be better. Of course the best option would be the freedom to choose how many bubbles there are from some interval (eg 0 - 10). The icons are fine, not the best but fine. And also by increasing the number of bubbles there would also be more icons. 1 thing came to my mind. Why not give us the freedom of uploading our own icons?
+1. Seconded etc. Not something that needs to be done Right Now, but definitely something that would be nice to see, sometime in the future.
+1 I agree on the idea of offering some flexibility for the icon bubbles. A shield would be nice for 'armor class,' and in instances such as THACO or other similar stats, a 'sword' or something indicating attack, would be nice.  For spell casters: what I am doing now is creating a separate journal, aside from the main 'character sheet,' and then setting it up as either a 'Spell Book' or a 'Prayer Book.' I then set a separate stat for each level of spell casting where I can then set the number of spells per day to be cast according to level with the usage in the 'left field' and the maximum in the 'right.' Under notes I make two separate categories: 1) Spells recorded/known in book and 2) spells memorized that day.  Here's an example: Spells Memorized: 1st Level: 2nd Level: 3rd Level: 4th Level: 5th Level: 6th Level: 7th Level: 8th Level: 9th Level: SPELLS LISTED IN SPELL BOOK 1st Level: 2nd Level: 3rd Level: 4th Level: 5th Level: 6th Level: 7th Level: 8th Level: 9th Level: