Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

help with Mic problems

Anyone able to work me thru the use of the mic in roll 20... I can't seem to get it working and one time I did .. I could only hear myself over everything. Until this is fix I will never be able to enjoy Roll20.... thanks for any help
Are you using the built in WebRTC video/voice chat?
I am trying to use my headset for my phone with my computer but all I get now is the ability to hear myself talk thru the ear phones.... hard to play on roll 20 like that.... someone said I should look into usb headset..... but until this can be fixed I am stuck... yes I am using web rtc.... but no matter what I use same thing happing

Edited 1398175568
I'm not the best with sound devices, but you can try right clicking the sound icon in the bottom right of your start bar and choose "recording devices." Right click your microphone and choose "properties"from the context menu, Click the second tab "Listen", uncheck "listen to this device." See if that gives you any improvement. You may also want to check the "playback" tab in those sound options and see what is listed there.
It is well worth it to get a comfortable USB headset, I sometimes spend 12 hours over a weekend and the sound and light weight are great. I got a logitech h340 for about $25, really worth it.
Al.... just got a new one... it was the h540.. but I am getting my voice back.... :( oh well... guess I will have to learn to move my ear pads away when I am talking.......
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I spent around 60 for my headset. I spent extra so that it would be comfortable, super lightweight, and foldable for storage.