Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dark Heresy Dice

Warning : Mutt rambles... a lot... I will try to stay as clear as possible, but I have the attention span of a small child with little warning! OK: So, I have been doing a little bit of digging as I have started to GM a Warhammer: Dark Heresy campaign. I want to set it up in a fashion where my players, much like my 4E group can make the most out of the current iteration of the character sheet as possible since we do not know when the new ones will go live and I'm not exactly code-monkey enough to make one for the system. What I am trying to do: Set up character handouts with all the proper modifiers Str, Agi, etc. etc. Have a roll (1d100) for a skill check challenge the mod and return success/fail (I understand that 1d100># will do this but see next part) Have the result state degrees of success/failure IE if my Mod is 47 and I roll a 13 hat is 3 Degrees of Success. (I assume this would be an API thing) Include in the roll the Difficulty mod. Far as I know it would look something like [[1d100>{@Str+?{Difficulty}}]], at least looking at the macro wiki that is how it should work, but it doesn't roll anything and I assume that is a faul of trying to add the difficulty. I am sure it could be a bit more defined on my part, but just got done GMing a 6hr session and my brain is a bit fried x.x

Edited 1398575304
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Instead of adding the difficulty to the target number, try subtracting it from the roll value. For example, [[{d100-?{Difficulty}}>@{Denathil|Str}]] You will definitely need the API to report degrees of success, though.
Noted on the API thing, I will poke around and see if I can figure it out or find someone who isn't an idiot like myself. But when it comes to adding or subtracting the difficulty there arises the issue that it can return a result of -X no? Edit: Even with the chance of getting a Neg result, I tested the above and while it can show a pass fail versus the score, it must be a positive so doesn't cover the full range of difficulties -30 - +30. I've tried moving things around but end up getting no roll results at all. *head into wall*
OK: In case anyone else bumps into a similar issue, my beloved better half sat down with me and tossed some ideas back and forth resulting in the following: Set up an Ability: [[?{Difficulty}+@{Test|BS}]] named Difficulty on the character sheet in our example Have the Macro pull the result like so /r 1d100<%{Test|Difficulty} This works with inline, but this allows to at least see both the Challenged score and the roll without a mouse over though would be nice to make the success/fail box a whee smaller XD This does work with Negs and Pos for the ?{Difficulty} and adjusts accordingly far as I can tell. Edit Further brainstorming I moved the initial ability over to another character sheet that I can stash away in Archives to avoid having to have players make 2 macros for every one skill. Just a matter of setting the macros as follows: On Player's Sheet /r 1d100<%{ NameofHostSheet|NameofAbility} On Host Sheet [[?{Difficulty} + @{selected| AttributeName} ]] This can be further simplified I am sure /roll 1d100<[[?{Difficulty} + @{selected| AttributeName} ]] (confirmed, but don't tell the GF, can't tell her she's right twice in one night)

Edited 1398611927
Umbra
Plus
Sheet Author
/roll -1 * (1d100 - SkillValue) / 10 The number that comes out will be a decimal, simply because the rounding functions can't really handle these roundings, but that should give you what you want. Positive result means success, negative means failure, and round towards zero to see the degrees of success.
I had honsetly forgotten about round die that should do the trick thanks!
I've been making some insanely complex equations. example: i turned rollable tables into armor where 50% rolls body (6), 10% the time head (0), 20% legs (5), and 20% of the time rolls arms (5). so that it will either say 0, 5, or 6 (or what ever value a character's armor is) subtract penetration from armer points @{target|armor} -@{weapon pen}}>0}*{@{target|armor}-@{weapon pen} subtract targets toughness bonus floor(@{target|toughness}/10) and subtract that buy weapon damage then i had the character do a ballistic skill test {@{target|difficulty} + 1d100}<@{Ballistic Skill} and had that multiply with the weapons damage so if the ballistic skill test had zero successes, the weapon damage times zero successes is zero i also did a few other nifty macros, like who i'm targetting, with what, and remind me when to reload -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- full macro /me shoots @{weapon name} @{Rate of Fire} times at @{target|token_name} and does [[ {{@{target|Difficulty} + 1d100}<@{Ballistic Skill}}*{@{weapon equipped} -floor(@{target|toughness}/10)-{{{@{target|armor} -@{weapon pen}}>0}*{@{target|armor}-@{weapon pen}}}} ]] @{damage type} damage to the [[1t[Bodyparts]]]. /me [[@{Ammo} -@{rate of fire}]]ammo left until you need to reload.
I'm assuming you're manually adjusting the ammo with the last piece or have API doing it for you?
Here is a ability roll I use for bolt Pistol: /me fires a single Bolt Pistol shot with [[floor((@{bs} +?{Modifier|0} - d100)/10)]] levels of success striking for [[2d10k1+9]] or [[2d10k1+9]] points of explosive damage for [[5]] penetration. Bolt Pistol ammo at [[@{ammoboltP}-1]] and here is one for a long las /me fires Long Las with [[floor((@{bs} +?{Modifier|0} - d100)/10)]] levels of success striking for [[1d10+3]]points of energy damage for [[1]] penetration. Long Las ammo at [[@{ammolonglas}-1]]