Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Show the input of a query in the macros output?

i'd like, if it is possible, to show what has been input in a macro query in the macros output? let's say a character has to do an attribute roll /em tests his [[1d20+ ?{Chose an attribute| Clever,@{selected|clever}| Nimble,@{selected|nimble}| Tough,@{selected|tough}| Charming,@{selected|charming}| Savvy,@{selected|savvy}} + ?{Bonus|0}]] and it works great, but in the chat is only visible the final result, i'd like to see something like:  Andrej tests his "clever" or "Nimble" and the result is:  is it possible? i've tried like this but it shows only the dice connected to the attribute and not the "label"  /em tests his [[1d20+ ?{Chose an attribute| Clever,@{selected|clever}| Nimble,@{selected|nimble}| Tough,@{selected|tough}| Charming,@{selected|charming}| Savvy,@{selected|savvy}} + ?{Bonus|0}]] {Chose an attribute} thank you so much!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When you have a query and reuse the result it will only ever reflect the contents of the original query... so have a dynamic message you would need to start the query at the first point of divergence: /em tests his ?{Attribute| Clever,Cleverness: [[@{selected|clever}| Nimble,Nimbleness: [[@{selected|nimble}| Tough,Toughness: [[@{selected|tough}| Charming,Charm: [[@{selected|charming}| Savvy,Savviness: [[@{selected|savvy}} + 1d20 + ?{Bonus|0}]]

Edited 1585142951
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! this is exactly what i was looking for!!!! one more question, if i wanted to add +@{selected|mod_clever} / +@{selected|mod_tough}  to add a modifier, if present, to each attribute, where should i put it? Ziechael said: When you have a query and reuse the result it will only ever reflect the contents of the original query... so have a dynamic message you would need to start the query at the first point of divergence: /em tests his ?{Attribute| Clever,Cleverness: [[@{selected|clever}| Nimble,Nimbleness: [[@{selected|nimble}| Tough,Toughness: [[@{selected|tough}| Charming,Charm: [[@{selected|charming}| Savvy,Savviness: [[@{selected|savvy}} + 1d20 + ?{Bonus|0}]]