Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using decks as handouts?

Hi! For my first Roll20 campaign I bought the D&D module Essentials Kit. It comes with lots of things, including decks. One of these decks has 9 quests. I would like to use these quest cards as a sort of handout to players, so they see which quests they have at the moment, but that appears to be difficult: I can "Deal" a quest card to all players, but apparently I can only deal them a random card. I would like to deal them a specific quest. There is a "Choose" option, where I can choose a specific quest card, and I can drag to deal it, but only to one player, not to all players. I can "Recall" all cards, but not one specific quest card after the quest has been completed. I as the GM can't see what quest cards a player is holding. The best thing I could think of would be to name one player the "Quest Manager", and use "Choose" to drag to deal the specific quests to the table or to that specific player. It would be up to him to display the quest when necessary. When the quest is done, he would need to play the card, and I would need to "take" it, which puts it into my hand, not back into the deck. Seems complicated! Am I right in thinking that the quests are only presented as deck in the module because the physical box has those quest cards, and that I would be better off copying the text into a handout in the journal to give to all players? If I wanted to use the nice card image, I would have to "Save image as" in the deck menu and re-import it into the handout. Or do you see a way how to make those decks work better for this purpose? 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could 'deal' the chosen card to the table instead so that all the players can see it (you can set the dealt card size to make it easier to see iirc). Whoever wants to be the quest log can then take that card to add it to their hand. Once complete they would play it back to the table and the DM can just delete it rather than take it into their hand.