Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[CSS] Fill Radio Buttons to the Left - What I am doing wrong

I want to create a character sheet whereby scores are expressed by ticking radio buttons. I need all the buttons to be checked to the left of the one I clicked last. I am also using a grid layout, meaning that I cannot use the example in the roll20 CSS wizardry example as each button is contained in its own <div> which is referenced to the CSS grid to insure its exact placement on the character sheet. I have come up with the following html/CSS code: <div class="wrapper body"> <div class="h14"> <input type="text" name="attr_combat" class="dot" value="1"/> <button type="action" name="act_combat_1" class="dot"> <span class="checked"></span> </button> </div> <div class="i14"> <input type="text" name="attr_combat" class="dot" value="2"/> <button type="action" name="act_combat_2" class="dot"> <span class="checked hide1"></span> </button> </div> <div class="j14"> <input type="text" name="attr_combat" class="dot" value="3"/> <button type="action" name="act_combat_3" class="dot"> <span class="checked hide1 hide2"></span> </button> </div> <div class="k14"> <input type="text" name="attr_combat" class="dot" value="4"/> <button type="action" name="act_combat_4" class="dot"> <span class="checked hide1 hide2 hide3"></span> </button> </div> <div class="l14"> <input type="text" name="attr_combat" class="dot" value="5"/> <button type="action" name="act_combat_5" class="dot"> <span class="checked hide1 hide2 hide3 hide4"></span> </button> </div> <script type="text/worker"> const toggleList = ["1","2","3","4","5"]; toggleList.forEach(function(button) { on(`clicked:combat_${button}`, function() { setAttrs({["combat"]:`${button}`}); }); }); </script> </div> button.sheet-dot { padding: 0; border: solid 1px #a8a8a8; cursor: pointer; width: 18px; height: 18px; border-radius: 50%; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center; font-size: 12px; } .sheet-checked{ width: 6px; height: 6px; border-radius: 50%; background: buttontext; } /* Hide the "checked" section of the radio if the hidden attribute value is greater than the button value */ input.sheet-dot[value="1"] ~ button.sheet-dot > span.sheet-hide1 { display: none; } input.sheet-dot[value="2"] ~ button.sheet-dot > span.sheet-hide2 { display: none; } input.sheet-dot[value="3"] ~ button.sheet-dot > span.sheet-hide3 { display: none; } input.sheet-dot[value="4"] ~ button.sheet-dot > span.sheet-hide4 { display: none; } .sheet-wrapper { display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(39, 25px); grid-template-rows: repeat(61, 25px); grid-gap: 2px; align-items: center; vertical-align: middle; background-color: #fff; color: #444; } .sheet-body { font-size: 15px; } .sheet-h14{ grid-column-start: 7; grid-column-end: 8; grid-row-start: 13; grid-row-end: 14; padding: 2px; margin: 0px; text-align:center; } .sheet-i14{ grid-column-start: 8; grid-column-end: 9; grid-row-start: 13; grid-row-end: 14; padding: 2px; margin: 0px; text-align:center; } .sheet-j14{ grid-column-start: 9; grid-column-end: 10; grid-row-start: 13; grid-row-end: 14; padding: 2px; margin: 0px; text-align:center; } .sheet-k14{ grid-column-start: 10; grid-column-end: 11; grid-row-start: 13; grid-row-end: 14; padding: 2px; margin: 0px; text-align:center; } .sheet-l14{ grid-column-start: 11; grid-column-end: 12; grid-row-start: 13; grid-row-end: 14; padding: 2px; margin: 0px; text-align:center; } The script is working in the sense that it store the right value in the attr_combat but for the life of me I do not understand why it does not make disappear the ticked box to the right ? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited 1586711531
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You dont need to put everything in a dive to line it up properly using grid. Though the fact that the grid has 39 columns does suggest there's more code than shown here. You can make it 78 columns instead, and just have the buttons and inputs next to each other. Then you could make your inputs into a radio, which might be a better approach. Also when using such a grid, this kind of positioning of each element grid-column-start: 7; grid-column-end: 8; grid-row-start: 13; grid-row-end: 14; is a lot of work. Grid will autoarrange itself, if you set it up properly.