Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e DND Initiative Tracker

Hi all: I'm doing it wrong somehow when I set up initiative tracker. Select all tokens, ctrl-U.  They are all added.  Great. Players roll init in their sheets - some get added, some don't.  Should I re-add all tokens from character sheets? Same with monsters - if there are two monsters with the same sheet how do I do it correctly? Just have one tracker entry per type of monster character sheet? thanks!
To add their A initiative a player first needs to select his token(I'm pretty sure), I nstead I would recommend you ass a macro for that

Edited 1587336592
Here's a basic initiative macro: [[1d20+@{selected|initiative_bonus}&amp;{tracker}]] This macro I use as a GM to select monster tokens and add them to the tracker,&nbsp; if you want you players to use it when you create the macro you should have an option under the block for code to make it visible to the players Here's a bit less basic macro /desc @{character_name} Is Rolling Initiative: [[1d20+@{initiative_bonus}&amp;{tracker}]] This macro needs to by adds in every player character under&nbsp;Attributes &amp; Abilities as a new ability should also check the " show as Token Action" box, This will allow players to select their token and in the top left corner(next to the tools bar) they will a button with the name of the ability in which you entered the above code, clicking the button will print in the chat The following message: PlayerNameHere &nbsp;Is Rolling Initiative&nbsp; <span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" original-title=" Rolling 1d20+1 = ( 19 )+1" style="box-sizing: content-box; background-color: rgb(254, 246, 142); border: 2px solid rgb(254, 246, 142); padding: 0px 3px; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em; font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">20
works like a charm, thank you very much!