Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll Query: Outputting the name in chat, or invoking a macro

Edited 1590065915
First, is there any (free user) way of invoking macros from a roll query? Or is a chat menu the only way? Second, can I output the name of the chosen roll query in the chat? For example,  Aim at ?{ Location |Skull-6, -6|Arm-2, -2} rolling [[1d20+?{ Location }]] lets me pick a body part to target, and adds the penalty to the d20 roll. But how do I also note in the chat that it was the Skull that was targeted? Something like Aim at ?{Location|Skull-6, -6|Arm-2, -2} rolling [[1d20+?{ Location |value}]] hitting ?{ Location |name} which should output "Aim at -6 rolling 15 hitting Skull-6" (the '|value' and '|name' I made up for illustrative purposes).

Edited 1590065255
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Should be "character_name", as in: hitting ?{Target| character_name} It's possible this only works on tokens that are connected to a character sheet, but but not sure.

Edited 1590066284
I meant the name of the selected roll query option. I edited the post to be less confusing. Which some more experimentation I did find a workaround: Aim at ?{Location|Skull,[Skull]-6|Arm,[Arm]-2} rolling [[1d20+?{Location}]] Gets me chat output like: Aim at [Arm]-2 rolling 9