Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

New Dynamic Lighting players sight

Edited 1595611618
Is there an option I am missing in regards to the players not seeing the light of other players in the new Dynamic Lighting? I feel like it was there before but is now missing. Is this not an option currently with the new dynamic lighting? Basically I use the emitting light feature to help with their dark vision and what they can see  the issue is everyone can see everyone else’s light  meaning if a player who doesn’t have dark idiom is near a player with dark vision they can see 60ft instead of 20ft

Edited 1595568627
Cym
Pro
New user having same problem.  One player is supposed to be emitting light and the rest cannot see the light he emits. Edit: Found that it was working properly.  The player that could not "see" the light had Night Vision turned on.
Cym said: New user having same problem.  One player is supposed to be emitting light and the rest cannot see the light he emits. Edit: Found that it was working properly.  The player that could not "see" the light had Night Vision turned on. I switched to the night vision setting but it makes everything so pixelated. I know the old system restricted light visability, I thought there was an option on the new dynamic lighting. For now I’m just gonna have to work out exactly how far they can see manually.