Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Strike Rank?

Hello, I wanted to ask if anyone knows why the Starfinder character sheet now has "Strike Rank" where "Spell Resistance" would be. It seems to have been replaced from the previous saying which was "SR", I thought there would be an update for the slight change though I have seen no mention of it yet. When searching for the term on the form my search was directed to another module and I haven't seen the term referenced anywhere in rulebooks. This visually still comes out saying spell resistance if rolled but was curious on the name swap as a player caused me to notice. I take this as an error or intended change though it can raise some confusion. Here's a link to a post pointing out a similar if not the same thing happening when it comes to a version of the Pathfinder sheet:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9015166/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9015166/slug%7D</a>
In a different game system, SR stands for Strike Rank (e.g. Runequest?). Perhaps somebody at roll20 did a global replace across all character sheets instead of only for the relevant character sheet(s).
This shows on the Pathfinder 1st Edition sheet as well.&nbsp;

Edited 1597113809
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
In PF1e SR is Spell Resistance .
Vince said: In PF1e SR is Spell Resistance . Yes, the problem is it is showing as Strike Rank, there is no such thing in Pathfinder. This is from the Pathfinder 1st edition NPC sheet I am using in my game;

Edited 1597611666
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
William T. said: Vince said: In PF1e SR is Spell Resistance . Yes, the problem is it is showing as Strike Rank, there is no such thing in Pathfinder. This is from the Pathfinder 1st edition NPC sheet I am using in my game; I think it may be an issue with the sheet's translation code. However, I just double checked the html as well as the translation.json and the code appears to be correct on the repo's code.&nbsp; I'm not 100% that the code is current though (shows as 10 months old).&nbsp; I think roll20 may hide some of their official sheet code from public view.&nbsp; This is the applicable code on the repo; html &lt;span class="lbl margindent" data-i18n="sr-u"&gt;SR&lt;/span&gt; translation.json (which matches the en.json as well) "sr-u": "SR", According to the above code, there's no way that the text of "Strike Rank" would ever be generated...&nbsp; So, I'm guessing that the live version of the code might be different.

Edited 1598339614
Still shows as Strike Rank on the NPC sheet for Pathfinder 1E...is there a method to notify developers other than this forum? I just want to make sure there is visibility, this looks like its affecting Starfinder as well? I feel like there was a point when I know the line read Spell Resistance, I had an NPC with SR so had to fill it in...
Yes, you can submit a ticket via the Help Center: <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new</a>
Report submitted, thanks for the link! Its such an annoyance, not really a debilitating issue, but it is not correct...

Edited 1598832753
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This was also changed for PF community sheet on crowdin.&nbsp; Seems that at a minimum, Starfinder by roll20, Pathfinder by roll20, Pathfinder 2e by roll20 and the PF Community sheet were all affected by the crowdin edit... I've submitted changes on crowdin to changing "Strike Rank" back to "SR" on the community sheet.&nbsp; Roll20 will probably need to update their sheets/crowdin.&nbsp; Should be fixed with this weeks update.
This is still showing as Strike Rank on the Pathfinder 1st edition NPC Sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
William T. said: This is still showing as Strike Rank on the Pathfinder 1st edition NPC Sheet. Hmm. The sheet by roll20 or the community sheet?

Edited 1600646454
I double checked, the sheet selection shows as: It is the NPC version of the Character Sheet where it still shows Strike Rank in the spot where Spell Resistance should be recorded. This is from the NPC I created on 09/19/2020 (please ignore random spots of highlight) I highlighted Strike Rank: Should I submit another ticket? Essentially, nothing has changed since the ticket was submitted.
I submitted a bug report as well, 2 days ago.&nbsp;
I just received this notice from Roll20:&nbsp; Hello! This is an email to inform you that your request ( #27560 ) has been pending for 4 days and awaits your feedback. We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 3 days. If you still require assistance, you can respond at any time to this email. Thank you for allowing us to be of assistance! I am frustrated, the previous email (from 11/04) said there was a ticket being opened to have the owner of the sheet take a look...now, its on me to inspire MORE action? I really just hope the issue gets addressed.