Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro for Eldritch cannon abilities.

Edited 1597604997
I currently have the eldritch cannon abilities on my character sheet under attacks, as it uses your spell mod and stuff, however having to turn off all my modifiers like arcane firearm and stuff every time i attack with it (every turn) i wanted to put it on its own character sheet. however this has its own issues, being no saving throws attacks, and having to have ANOTHER sheet open. SO to my actual request. I am wondering if using the macro quick bar, and macros there would be an easy way to have the options for the eldritch cannon. so a button for force bolt, a button for flamethrower, and a button for protection. This way i just need to press those buttons and it will toll them, and what would be even better is if it referenced my character sheets spell mod/prof bonus so that i don't need to constantly change it as i gain int/prof. Does anyone have a macro string for force ballista, flamethrower, and protector? and do you have one that is able to reference a specific character sheets spell mod/prof bonus?
The macro would need to be dependent on your character sheet. What sheet do you use?
Dakota H. said: The macro would need to be dependent on your character sheet. What sheet do you use? D&D 5e by roll 20.
Okay, the best place to create these macros is on the Artificer's character sheet, under the Attributes and Abilities tab as Abilities. You can toggle a box on them to send the Macro to your Macro bar just the same as if they were in the Collections tab. Flamethrower: &{template:dmg} {{rname=Flamethrower}} {{range=Self (15 foot cone)}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[2d8]]}} {{dmg1type=Fire}} {{save=1}} {{saveattr=Dexterity}} {{savedesc=Half Damage}} {{savedc=@{spell_save_dc}}} {{charname=Eldritch Cannon}} Force Ballista &{template:atkdmg} {{mod=@{spell_attack_bonus}}} {{rname=Force Ballista}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=120 feet}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[2d8]]}} {{dmg1type=Force}} {{crit1=[[2d8}} {{charname=Eldritch Cannon}} It's set to roll 2 d20s side by side. If you'd rather it ask you if it's a normal roll, advantage, or disadvantage, replace the always with ?{Advantage?|normal|advantage|disadvantage} Protector &{template:dmg} {{rname=Protector}} {{range=10 feet}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8+@{intelligence_mod}]]}} {{dmg1type=Temporary Hit Points}}  {{charname=Eldritch Cannon}} You'll have to manually adjust the damage for both the flamethrower and ballista when you get to 9th level. And here's the Explosive Cannon macro &{template:dmg} {{rname=Explosive Cannon}} {{range=20 feet}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[3d8]]}} {{dmg1type=Force}} {{save=1}} {{saveattr=Dexterity}} {{savedesc=Half Damage}} {{savedc=@{spell_save_dc}}} {{charname=Eldritch Cannon}}

Edited 1597635133
Thank you so much, after tonight's session i will put em in and give em a try, get back to you about em! Worked perfect! 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I use a separate sheet for mine. :(
Yep, for the artificer in my game I created an NPC sheet for each Eldritch Cannon.  You can track HP then as well.  The only problem is that you have to remember to change the HP of the NPC and the default token when you level up.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just put their attack on a token action button*, and you don't need to keep the sheet open. They are not terribly complex. launch the attack from the character sheet go into chat and press the up arrow to get the code place that in an action on the Actions and Abilities tab and choose the use as token action option