Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Experienced player looking for any group for campaign

Kelfecil
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Hey everyone, my name is Constantine (friends call me Kelf from my nickname for short) and I have over 15 years of experience with all sorts of RPGs. I am in my late 20s and I have most of the times (at least 19 out of 20) been the DM/GM for the RPGs I've played due to the fact that I was the most well-versed with the setting and/or system in my group or the most enthusiastic one (therefore also being the one that would read up on things the most). I thoroughly enjoy both sides of the table and I have had the chance to try all sorts of settings and systems in the past. I am actually running a campaign (homebrew story and world) using D&D 5e for a few months now with some friends. The reason why I am making this post is because I would love to spend some time on a weekly basis to get to know new people and hopefully end up in a long-running campaign as a player. Even though I've played with people I did not know before, this is the first time I post on Roll20 about this myself and I honestly hope it just gets seen. ------- What I am looking for: - A mature group of people - preferably around or over their mid 20s, with a fun approach towards the activity and with some manners (respect for others on the table). - Experience is of no concern to me. As long as people want to play an RPG and have fun, I am happy to be a part of the group and even help wherever and whenever I can. - Scheduling is not an issue for me - I know how hard it is to schedule a weekly meeting so I am very communicative about these things. - A game in any setting/system works out for me, as long as I find it interesting. Please message me with information about your game and I will get back to you as soon as I can. For reference, some RPGs I thoroughly enjoyed are: any Star Wars RPG, D&D 5e, Tales from the Loop. - Settings that I'd love to explore the most would be: anything sci-fi, cthulhu mythos, anything interesting in D&D - I haven't played many of the D&D 5e campaigns (mostly run in homebrew stuff) and the Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars stuff and I wouldn't mind exploring those if anyone is running them. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to reading your messages (should there be any!) ~Kelf
Hi Kelf, my name is Nick and I am starting a Yawning Portal campaign weeknights at 7:30 CST. I'm a fairly new DM as I have usually been the player. I'm trying to fill a roster for a session zero either tomorrow or Thursday and would like to extend an invitation to you. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Kelfecil
Plus
Marketplace Creator
I know bumps are something we should avoid, but the new information in this case is the fact that I am still looking I guess, so there was no point in making a whole new post with the same information.

Edited 1604670477
The Bright Dawn Guild is looking for new members to join their ranks. We're a PG 13 West Marches style server running many 5e games at different hours providing high flexibility so that you can find the game that suits your schedule if you're a player. As a DM you'll make your own schedule without any pressure. Come join us and see what we're about. Drop me a message to get the discord link. Cheers! Batdaf#2045

Edited 1604671829
I'm going to be starting a new Homebrew D&D 4th Edition game on Tuesday 17th November starting at 1.00PM with an estimated end time of 4.00PM GMT to run weekly if that would suit you.  Don't worry if you have never tried D&D 4th ed, while it is very different to either 3rd or 5th I'm happy to teach it. If you are interested and the times suit you then message me and I will send an invite link over to you. I should also add that it is a free game.  I've about 30 years gaming experience, but only about 6 months on Roll20
hey man, I run older versions of the game and we have another DM who runs 2nd edition on FG. I'm starting a multi tiered and ongoing campaign and we'd love to have a player like yourself. The discord has more players that all seem to have conflicting free time and time zone issues, but in my experience these things can be worked through with enough games available. I see that relative years of experience seems to be an issue in some of these replies, so fwiw, I've been playing since 1981, but am not exactly a "pro" roll20 user. We're not dicks about our favorite edition and would love to teach anyone new to whatever edition we're playing. On a side note, I run a Gamma world game on saturdays and am thinking over whether or not to add a super hero game on sundays (Chaosium's Super world- so yes, there could be an easy Cthulhu crossover). I think this is the game link...&nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/7687018/OXBkpg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/7687018/OXBkpg</a>
Hey Kelf, I'm running a 5e game currently set in a cyberpunk modern setting and I was looking for another player to fill in a slot for the group. We run on Fridays at 7pm. If you haven't been scooped up yet, just give me an IM on Roll 20 and we can talk from there.
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi there. I'm 30 and can appreciate the enjoyment of playing with mature players, even though I often play with a variety of ages. I GM 4 groups a week right now and it'd be nice to meet and game with other experienced players. I'll PM you my discord info and some servers I run. I'm heading to bed for now but maybe we can work something out. Best of luck.
DM Cucub
Marketplace Creator
I am LFP for a Curse of Strahd game, 5e, P2P, Wednesday at 9:30am EST. Message me if interested.&nbsp;
Hey Kelf&nbsp; I'm running a game about fudual Japan, I've included my generic post about it below, you should be able to play it along side other games easily enough. Drop me a DM if you're interested. Rather than a traditional RPG where everyone has their own character. The players collectively control a clan as they try to lead it to victory in the civil war.&nbsp; You'll control samurai divisions, ninja teams and small groups groups of retainers alongside more characterful individuals. Rather than a dedicated time slot, turns last for a given amount of real world time during which all players can have input. It should take about 10 minutes a week. I've run it with some friends and it worked well so now hoping to run it again with strangers. It's played on discord.
I run a shared campaign run in a west march style. Relatively small group of players. Good sense of comradery. Gm team with tons of experience (10+ years of only Gming from myself). We're set in an alternate timeline of the forgotten realms with several different plot lines occurring simultaneously, as well as a central plotline. We look to offer a 1-20 experience. We use roll20 for our games, and discord for VOIP. Let me know if this interests you.
Hey, man, I don't know if you're still looking, but I'm assembling a casual group with some friends with a focus on rules-light games/systems. One of the players, realistically, cannot make it due to his work schedule unfeasible; our first game (by majority vote) is gonna be Jinkies , a PbtA game that's a tribute to the Hanna-Barbera "meddling kids" cartoons of the 1960s-70s (albeit with a more affectionate adult-oriented parody flavor for our campaign). All of us are between our 20s-30s. PM me if you're interested.