Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Moving Characters between Roll20 Accounts

This has me stumped.   I have two accounts on Roll20 A1 is a plus account, A2 is a free account.   Almost all of my game signups under A2.  A1 uses the character vault to store characters, upgrade them in a "Test Game", then reimport them to the vault.   The problem is A2 can not see any of the characters that A1 has upgraded and therefore can not export them to any of the games I am signed up with under A2. I have given all player visibility of the A1 upgraded characters.  How do I get A2 permission to see the characters in the Character Vault so that I can export them to the games I am signup for? 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Some clarifying questions: 1) The game where you are upgrading characters what created by which account? 2) You are asking how you can get the upgraded characters into A2's vault from the upgrading game? 3) Or are you asking how you can access A1's vault directly from A2?
After you upgrade the characters, as long as the game where they are upgraded can be accessed by A2 and A2 has control of the character (not just view, but edit access as well), then A2 should be able to then import the upgraded characters into the A2 vault to then export to a game where A2 is player (so long as the creator of that game is a Plus or Pro subscriber).
A1 created the "test game" where I upgrade my characters.  I would take either A2 getting into A1's vault, or A2 being able to import from the "test game" to A2's vault.  
Ok, Dakota, how can A1 give A2 editing control over a character in the "test game".   A2 can not see any of the upgraded characters when I use that account to go into that game.   For instance, A1 exported character C1 to the "test game" from A1's character vault.  A1 edited C1 to level it up creating C2.  A2 can not see the new C1 or C2 in the "test game".  If A1 imports C2 back in A1's Character Vault, A2 can not see C2 in A2's vault.
OK. thank both of you for helping me to dig a little deeper and look for something different.  Dakota, you were right.  When went in as A1 I found the area that allowed me to add A2 as an editor of C2.  A2 then imported C2 and then exported C2 to the game I am playing tonight.    Many thanks to both of you!!  May your D20 never roll less than 19.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Great!
Glad I could help.