Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

low light versus bright light (updated dyanmic lighting)

Hi there, I've been using updated dynamic lighting and have been trying to create the dim light effects possible with legacy lighting. I assumed that the dim low light would create a very low light, such as the shadowed very dim light from the old dim light effect. However, both bright light and dim light seem to start out bright and then fade off, with dim light fading more quickly even though the radii are the same. See picture (top left is 20ft dim light only, bottom right is 20ft bright light only). The tokens next to the light are both very brightly lit, and then only in the bright light can you see the shadowy token about 20ft away. I want to make rooms where the entire room is a very very dim light and very shadowy with no bright light anywhere. Is this possible in updated dynamic lighting? Thanks
sadly I've got no solution on this. I too have a tick about the room being like that. One semi solution, is add light to the room on the Token layer via a torch or something ( make sure to send to back so player tokens can be played over and not be hidden/stuck behind incase its possible). Add an aura that is Visible to all that is black or grey. Make sure the room is closed in with the walls then so light won't escape ?