Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Archive campaigns

Hi there, I would like to put forth a suggestion to be able to archive a campaign much like we do with the maps in the campaigns allowing us to deactivate them without deleting all of the content in case we would like to pull them up again in the future. Now, I think this may be an issue of server space because I can see how Roll20 would not want thousands upon thousands of games simply archived away taking up space when no one is using them. Free players will also have that counting towards their space and may need to delete things in the future as well. I just think it would be an easier way to keep things tidy. Perhaps even the ability to download the campaign to our computers so that it doesn't take up server space and we can import it when we need to use it. Thanks, Jake
Just a note that archiving Maps, Characters, and Handouts in a game is purely a visual/organizational thing. The items are still loaded when your game starts, and contribute to overhead and possible lag in a game if you have too many of them (characters and maps especially).
I would upvote this if I had any votes left. Even if a purely organizational tool, it would be great. Until we get a custom compendium I have games I want to keep for possible re-play or just as a repository for handouts and tokens. My games list get a bit chaotic. For example, I ran a large Dracula game (Gumshoe) and plan to run it again some day. Huge amount of work for that game and Roll 20 gives me no way to reuse the work unless I keep the game active.  
Rabulias said: Just a note that archiving Maps, Characters, and Handouts in a game is purely a visual/organizational thing. The items are still loaded when your game starts, and contribute to overhead and possible lag in a game if you have too many of them (characters and maps especially). Oh thank you! I wasn't sure, I knew it helped visually but I didn't know if it affected the space at all (like compression or something) but you just answered that question for me! If this feature were available it would help visually clean up some of the inactive campaigns and if compression was used it would also help free up more server space, maybe?
As someone who has several inactive games I'm unwilling to close in case I want to copy handouts or maps from this would be such a time saver. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .