Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Accidentally showing token nameplates

DM Steve
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hello! I am currently running Rime Of The Frostmaiden but I made a mistake when I set up the game: I set one of the default token settings to "Show nameplates" and my players told me on our 3rd session that they can see all the creatures and NPCs names Is there any way to reverse this without creating a new game or do I have to go through and change all the token settings manually? Thank you!

Edited 1612283931
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Change Nameplate Settings Go to the Campaign Settings Page Expose the "Game Default Settings" (It's a flip down menu area) Toggle "show nameplate" to the off position Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the nameplate settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve. There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar. Note that this is a token setting, not a character setting. This should change all of the tokens in play, and new creations and Compendium grabs, but may not affect the saved default tokens for any existing characters (ones currently in your journal tab). Those may need to be updated manually. Since you are a Pro user, you can set all of the default tokens with the TokenMod script by going to the token page, selecting all tokens at once, and running: !token-mod --set defaulttoken To test all of this, use a  Dummy Account  to verify the player view in the most accurate possible manner.
Gold
Forum Champion
Whoa, cool. I was not aware of the "Apply Default Settings" under the settings cog in-game. You just expanded my capability with this Roll20 platform again! Those methods, carefully followed, should be able to resolve this for The Sun Knight. keithcurtis said: Apply Default Settings: Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the nameplate settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve. There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar.