Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Simple UI Suggestions that may have a larger impact

Having been GM'ing on Roll20 for a considerable amount of time, there's a few small interface decisions I feel that really make things difficult (in particular in larger games with lots of handouts) but seem like super easy changes that would really help.  I just figured I would post a few of them up here, specifically to do with character handouts and tokens: Duplicating a Character:  Right now, it copies the character to the very bottom of the handouts, forcing you to scroll down, grab it, and then bring it back to the folder the character is in.  If Duplication made the copy directly in the same subfolder as the original, it'd be a real time saver. Duplicating a Character (2):  When you duplicate a character sheet it names it "Copy Of <Character Name>."  This is often extremely inconvienient.  If it went to <Character Name>_## it would be much easier to rapidly edit the name esp when making variant enemies.  i.e. "Soldier" then "Soldier_01, Soldier_02, Soldier_03," etc. An Update Token Button:  This is a minor nitpick but right now updating a token is a two step process:  Removing the old token, then adding a new one.  While it only adds an extra second, it can add up and make things just a tiny bit clunkier.  A second button to update, rather than remove, a token (instantly swapping it) would be great. Token Marker values:  An almost hidden feature within Roll20 is the ability to set a numerical value to your token markers, but it requires using a custom API script that not everyone even has access to.  I would really like to see a way of increasing/decreasing these numbers with a line command so it can be put in a macro without the use of an API.  It's an extremely useful feature that is not at all easily accessible. GM Music Preview Button:  You have no idea how many times in a campaign I am not sure which of two tracks I want, and the only way to find out is to try to play one.  If it's for all players, they get an annoying song start-and-stop.  A button to play music only to the GM side in a preview mode would be a real help to make campaigns sound smoother. Anyway, this is just a wish list of features, with some seeming easier to implement than others (such as the way character cloning works) that I think would make Roll20 a smoother experience overall, in particular for people GM'ing.
Gold
Forum Champion
Those are great, and I agree with all of them. As Suggestions, they'd probably have a better chance of getting traction, attention, one-at-a-time.  On that note I think the first 2, about duplicating Character copies, pretty sure there are existing Suggestions threads for those that could use your +1 vote and Comments added if we can find those suggestions.
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .