Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Recent uploads folder is insanely buggy.

Theres two specific bugs: 1.  Selecting all with the folder open(with the filter set to unorganized items only) will not select all if you haven't scrolled to the bottom yet.  It typically selects about 50 items unless you scroll down and select all on the bottom.   2.  The filter breaks often especially when doing a ton of importing of images to the session.  It will still function as a button that refreshes the folder, but the filter parameters just break, it will just constantly show you tons of your stuff that are in folders in both toggled on and toggled off.  To fix this you have to relaunch the session.  This is especially disturbing of a bug because those ghosted images that are in folders get permenantly deleted when you delete them while the bug is active.   3.  I cannot for the life of me drag images into a 4th subfolder.  Mainfolder>Subfolder>Subfolder>Subfolder.  I drag the art folders size so its super wide and I take the images in a multiselect with the folder open and drag them to the sidebar all the way to the right and fiddle with it all I can and yet it never drags into that fourth folder.  I do have 4 monitors and I tried moving the browser to the far right side monitor thinking maybe it was cause the mouse was leaving the monitor, but it still fails.  
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I have to admit I have never tried to select all.&nbsp; I'm usually just selecting a few and dragging them somewhere.&nbsp; I haven't had any issues with the filter in the last year or so, and can't speak to that. However, you can only go 3 deep on the folder structure.&nbsp; If there is a bug, it may be the ability to create that 4th level (unless they are going to be allowing deeper nesting of folders with the UI updates).&nbsp; The 3 deep has been the limit as far as I can remember, and is listed that way in the wiki. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library#Folders" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library#Folders</a>
I discovered these bugs while doing two major projects.&nbsp; 1.&nbsp; Importing 1900 token images in an effort to provide on average 7 different token arts for every.single.monster.I.have.made as rollable tokens(that bestiary session is so laggy I honestly wonder if its what crashed their servers lol).&nbsp; 2.&nbsp; Importing about 1000 card images in multiple decks as I've decided to switch to cards for inventory cause I feel it makes the players care more about their inventory plus I have a few scripts that really make dropping cards on table fun.&nbsp; So the sheer magnitude of filecount in my art folder could be causing alot of these bugs I have no idea.&nbsp; I'm sure their bug crunchers can access my folder and see the effects.&nbsp;&nbsp; As for the folders max limit, heres a screenshot: